Trading / Selling 2003 360 Spider F1 for 2008 F430 Spider F1 estimated cost difference | FerrariChat

Trading / Selling 2003 360 Spider F1 for 2008 F430 Spider F1 estimated cost difference

Discussion in '360/430' started by gperson, Jan 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Hello Everyone,
    Looking for advise from fellow Ferrari owners....I have an itch to trade or sell and get a 07/08 430 spider F1.
    I have a 2003 360 spider F1 corsa/tan 18k miles, daytona’s, shields, tubi exhaust, challenge grill, 430 and oem wheels, excellent condition, etc., etc... the car needs nothing!

What do you think would be a reasonable cost difference (buy/trade) between the two. Would you consider doing this, or wait till the 458, 488 come down in price. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and info.

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Not sure what the value difference would be with similar mileage.. but I'll wager you could get a higher miles coupe for $10-15k more. I'd suspect you'd get $70-75 for yours and then 10-15 more would put you into the 430 spider with higher mileage. And I have absolutely NO on the ground experience here. Just my personal suspicions given the current market.

daveyator and cavlino like this.
  3. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Hey vrsurgeon,
    Thanks for your input. The 430 spider I’d be interested in would be a 12k miles or less vehicle. I am looking for some ideas from our group before I venture out to get my feelings hurt with value of my car. If it turns out to be too bad, I don’t have to do anything but keep enjoying the 360 I have. Of course, considering going to the 430, the wife thinks I’ve lost my mind, but what’s new.
    Thanks again for your response!

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hope to read about it here when you get it! :)

My wife thinks the same of me.. :)

gperson likes this.
  5. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I also want to come back into the Ferrari fellowship but my wife thinks I need my brain repaired.
    What do they know!

cavlino and gperson like this.
  6. Speedspeed

Speedspeed Karting

Jul 15, 2017
    Fl Keys
    Full Name:
    charles
    I told my wife I am buying her a 430 she said awesome..... six months later she has not driver it ... HAHA

gperson likes this.
  7. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Current asking price index for a 360 Spider is about $91K. That would include both F1 and gated 360 Spiders, and may be inflated based upon the current enthusiasm for gated 360s. Current asking price index for a 430 Spider is $138K. That, too, would include both F1 and gated cars, but I think there are fewer gated 430s to skew the index up.

An asking price index is always a tricky thing -- actual sale prices probably are significantly less than asking prices, but who knows how much less? And if you are going to sell at wholesale and buy at retail, that makes a big difference, too. But the basic spread should be of interest to you.

Anyway, that should give you a couple of numbers to think about. If you are serious about this, spend $50 and subscribe to Ferrari Market Letter. It is money well spent.

gperson likes this.
  8. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I think you will be disappointed in the difference a dealer would ask... In regards to the 458, personally, I would definitely wait. The 430 is an incremental improvement over the 360 in terms of technology, while the 458 is an overhaul. Go drove both and see how you feel.

KC360 FL and gperson like this.
  9. gperson

gperson Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Griffin
    Absolutely!! It is HER CAR!!. My wife does drive it from time to time as it is still HER CAR!! 12yrs ago we looked at the Lamborghini's and the Ferrari's and I asked her which one she liked the best....She said she liked the lines of the Ferrari better, looked sportier...enough said!! I bought the Ferrari the next day!!

Speedspeed likes this.
  10. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    I was on the same boat your going thru. I had the itch to sell my 360 Spider for 430 Spider. IM me for more details and I can help
    Al

gperson likes this.
  11. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    30-40k difference IMO.

gperson likes this.
  12. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I think u would be looking to spend about 35-50k for the switch. A low mileage spider costs about 120-135k, and I don’t know how much ur 360 will sell. As for the 458, make sure that’s really what u like: a faster, more modern but a less visceral car... it’s now my wife’s favorite coz it’s easy to drive around town, shifts like a porsche. She wouldn’t touch the f430 spider on the other hand. If u like the more mechanical feel maybe save and go with the scud :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gperson likes this.