Steve Wynn building new hotel | FerrariChat

Steve Wynn building new hotel

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Jan 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That's really good news. That land has been vacant for sometime now. It needs something there.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I may have missed this as it has not been completely addressed in this article or others, but what is happening to his golf course? The current construction on the east side of his two hotel towers takes out several holes to make a large lagoon and the 47 floor hotel. The renderings made it look like the waterfall will be gone...it was a nice design.

Edit: Nevermind looks like the renderings left some holes in place, but it will eventually be all buildings. :(

3. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes. Construction on Paradise lagoon has already started.

It will feature a sandy beach and one mile long walkway around it, along with a private island in the center.

There are supposed to be nightly float displays and fireworks.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    One thing we know already about Wynn, he definately tries to make his resorts the latest and greatest every time. I can’t wait to see both developments take shape

6. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    He constantly re-invents his properties. Back just prior to the '07 collapse, one of our favorite restaurants was DB's Bistro at the Wynn. Diners could watch a funky but entertaining giant puppet and light show, w/ music projected along the waterfall. Nothing else like it at the time. They put a ton of dough into the re-design of the golf course, all the maintenance (not a cheap item in the desert) just to now rip it up in the Paradise project. That sandy beach thing will be revolutionary...how are they going to control the crowds (i.e. non-Wynn level customers?)

7. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Probably the same way they do their pools; hotel guests and paid attendees only.

8. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Even the times I have stayed at the Wynn/Encore I have never been out to the pool or played the golf course there. I really need to rethink my priorities in life.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When Encore opened the first week I got a half priced discount room as a promo. Really liked it.

It was great he was reaching out to locals.

daytona355 likes this.