How do you remove this? | FerrariChat

How do you remove this?

Discussion in '308/328' started by miketuason, Feb 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Does anyone done this before? Since I don’t have a windshield on my car yet, I need to remove this as the glue on the vinyl came undone and I like to fix it before they put the glass on. Thank you!

What is this piece called anyway?

2. scottabbott

scottabbott Karting

Dec 31, 2011
    Montgomery TX
    Full Name:
    Scott Abbott
    Pry the center long strip out. It has three evenly spaced spring loaded type clips. The remaining part is riveted to the pillar. Good luck

3. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you Scott! Riveted, really! I guess I have to drill them out. Can I change them with screws or should I rivet them back on?

4. scottabbott

scottabbott Karting

Dec 31, 2011
    Montgomery TX
    Full Name:
    Scott Abbott
    Definitely riveted back on. I actually covered that narrow strip of aluminum with a carbon fiber wrap. I love the way it looks and I am not as concerned with keeping it totally original. I will have this car forever anyway. Best wishes.

5. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Scott, can I install this back even after the windshield is installed or I s it harder?

6. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    No, I took mine out with the windscreen in-situ (to remove the dash). Replace the rivets with self tappers - it's all hidden anyway, and it means an easier job next time. I have a vague memory of some glass sealant stuck to the edge, so it must be close, but probably a cleaner windscreen instal with the trim removed.