Countach interior & electrical refresh | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Countach interior & electrical refresh

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by sp1der, Aug 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    I may re use the rear springs but for the front went with eibach springs to same rates as original. IG racing may be able to help with bespoke koni builds.

2. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
  3. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

Attached Files:

S_AGATA likes this.
  4. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Cool, cost per wheel for me is about £600 but like you disc replacement will now be much cheaper as again 2 piece discs.

5. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Do you know if any more straps are available?

6. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Got them off ebay from greece of all places, will try and contact seller if he has anymore, they are not quite the same as oe but for the job they do they are fine.

7. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    PM sent

8. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
  9. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks bloody good fella. Tight fit etc.

Have you driven yet? As your opinion would be interesting. Are the discs and pads readily available. I think Harry M was after replacement discs but no stock. Maybe a better optionfor the long term future.

Cheers
    Rob

10. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Hi Rob calipers have about 8mm clearance to wheels so no major problem, Tarox discs are just bolt on replacement for oe save a bit of mass and are nicely made. Just waiting for the rest of the trim to come back now and then on the home straight.

11. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    New rear boots arrived today £900 for the pair so pretty good deal manufacture date wk37 2016

12. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Will be starting up on the rear suspension soon so spec pretty much as front new modern calipers with Tarox discs, have decided to make up all new suspension tubes a little longer than stock so I can use modern motorsport heim joints. Total cost for whole rear suspension (excluding the front caster bushes) is £550 so the cost of 2 Lamborghini parts which are very low quality parts, an added advantage is everything will also have rubber boots over the joints. Hopefully the dash and carpets will be back from the trimmers in the next week so can get the interior buttoned up.

13. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    DaniT, Jalpa_Mike, EarlyCat and 2 others like this.
  14. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Those heim joints should last much longer with those rubber boots surrounding them!

Excellent job Simon!

Mike

15. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Hopefully should last longer on 2 counts as motorsport spec parts with kevlar liners and then the boots to stop the crud getting in and wearing them out, and even if they do wear out now down to a sensible cost of about £15 a joint v the £200 or so for the oe parts.

I may have over specced the new arms as these will be with T45 tube.

16. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Started getting some of the trim parts assembled as well, so centre console with all new switches, the only bit that is not great are the sliders which the face plates have some scratches. Still got to sort the lettering out but that is not a big job. Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
  18. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Loving your build Simon. Your engineering skills are way above mine. I’m sure we’ll all benefit from your work and ideas you are bringing to the community. Bravo sir!

19. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    DaniT likes this.
  20. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    The most effective way to re-letter the hvac indicators on the leather is to have a decal of the lettering cut as a negative. Once you carefully place the stencil, you can spray the correct color for the original lettering and peel the stencil away. Here is the hvac lettering that I just did on a car I am presently restoring:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Hi Michael thanks for the advice will look into it, as fairly easy to get this sorted and will finish things off nicely.

22. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Have a minor snag it seems the nice people at Audi have decided you cannot buy dampers now individually for a Diablo (Koni Sport) you must buy a set of 6! Managed to track down a pair in Italy anyone else got a pair in Europe, Part Number 005233269?

23. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    derekfc and DaniT like this.
  24. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    ijvpet likes this.
  25. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Rear knuckles back from being vapour blasted - all shiny, ready for new bearings/seals/discs to be built up. Boot carpets also back but not so warm in the shed this week! Image Unavailable, Please Login