Seat belt buckle replacement on 360 | FerrariChat

Seat belt buckle replacement on 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by bisel, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Just inquiring to the community here ...

The seat belt buckle on my driver side seat has a problem ... went for a drive and upon trying to exit the car, the release button would not release the belt from the buckle. Played with it for short time and got it to release.

I was looking to see the part number for the driver side buckle assembly and found different part numbers for the buckle assy for the electric seat vs manual seat. But, they look very similar.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

So ... couple of questions:

First, anyone have this happen on their car? Did you fix it and how?

Next ... can anyone explain why a difference in part numbers for a manual seat vs electric seat and why would they be different for manual vs electric with a over $100 difference in the price?

Steve

2. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've done this on my 430 with carbon bucket seats, because the buckle was scratched up and that bothered me.

The only thing I saw price difference wise is passenger vs driver side. Whereas in the manual seat only the driver side has the wire for making sure your belt is in while driving, and the passenger side did not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Steve, you may want to call Ferrari of North America.

Most car manufacturers warranty their seat belts for life.

Worth a try.

Dan

4. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Hmm would that include the tension reel? Mine can be a little slow to suck back in sometimes when you take it off.

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Worth a try. It’s a safety item.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Got it back working OK now. I went to check if any foreign debris had fallen into the mechanism. I didn't find any. While working the release clip it seemed a bit stiff so I sprayed a small bit of dry film lubricant into the mechanism. Works fine now.

Steve

whatheheck likes this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Glad to hear you got it working again.

I will try and call Ferrari of North America and see what their warranty is on seat belts. Will share here what I learned.

I have Honda's and BMW's and I know they have lifetime warranty on any seat belt related items.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I appreciate that. Looking forward to what they might say.

Steve

whatheheck likes this.
  9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had the same problem. I spent a fortune for a replacement, only to discover that the only problem was that the bolt that holds the upper guide was too tight. I loosened it up a bit and it retracted fine.

whatheheck likes this.
  10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I sent FNA an email yesterday (email so that we have their official reply in writing).

No response yet.

Dan

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Update:
    Here you go, official reply from Ferrari of North America re: company wide seat belt warranty:

"Dear Mr. Loyola,

thank you for your email.

Regarding your kind inquiry, we would like to inform you that the best reference point is your official Ferrari dealership, which will be pleased to give you any further information. They have full knowledge of our cars and they can explain you in detail everything that concerns our products.

We would like to remind you that on the official Ferrari website www.ferrari.com you can find the complete list of Ferrari official dealers. Once you get to the home page, please click on "Dealerships" and then select your country area.

We also take the chance to ask you to send us a copy of the registration certificate of the car or any document that contains bot your name and the chassis number of the car; this will allow us to update our database and list you as the current owner of the car.

Should you need any further assistance in getting in touch with your dealership, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Our best regards,

Lisa
    Ferrari Customer Care"

My thoughts:
    I think she is saying - call the dealership and see what they say. Some may cover it some may not. We dont have an official policy on seat belt warranty period. You are on your own.

Dan

12. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Hi Dan, thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to get that info. For now, my seat belt buckle is OK since I cleaned it a bit and applied some dry-film lubricant. But, should it malfunction in the future, I will have to the dealer and see what action they will agree to do.

Regards,

Steve

whatheheck likes this.
  13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You are very welcome Steve.

I wish we had a more definite answer from FNA.

All the best to you.

Dan