Pista Allocation | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Pista Allocation

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by swordsman, Mar 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    There are some posting here that would take the Pista right now at $600K, so I guess not much difference in taking a $50k+ hit on a Lusso, and adding that cost to the Pista msrp, especially if they are one of the first deliveries. That's not me....but it works for many here......

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Each product line should stand on its own forcing people to buy one to get another fogs the picture as to what is successful
    and what's not. Hence planning for fo future products becomes ineffective. Just my two cents worth

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    #228 Dolceexte, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Good news and none of us have to take anything we don’t want to. Here in the states even the used market for Maclaren is still heavy, still a bunch sitting new and used, Teslas take a huge beating % wise but everyone has them. It is what people want at the end of the day and willing to do. Just look for used search on the internet. The market rates will speak for themselves.

4. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Agreed! Lusso is an amazing car, no other car in its class. Drives well and V12! I’ve had a Porsche Panamera too to compare.

5. 488 FRANCE

488 FRANCE Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    FRANCE
    What I understand, we in Europe more than Pista, I have my allowance because ,is the factory that decides, my delivery is for 2020, (I have a 488 GTB bought new 10/17), I already paid €40000, 3 weeks ago

6. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Super Franck ! ;)

488 FRANCE likes this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    LAF clients are way beyond this car. If its not an investment then it's a pass or quick flip. Maybe a DD but just not something most LAF owners would really care about.

I don't think your lottery system makes much sense. Being a true car enthusiast is not a concern to Ferrari. For the actual LEs an beyond (which this is not) you are in competition with some of the most wealthy people on the planet that love to buy and track cars and are very loyal. It sounds unfair but it actually isn't if you think about I it long enough.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    We also need to start differentiating between LE and SE. To me limited is less than 1250 units. Over 2k and it's really a special edition. I cld care less about the allocation policies of SE. If Ferrari wants to use them to create hoopla God bless. The LEs like the TDF shld have a different set of standards and it seems that's the case atleast from the people I know/hang with.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

9. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I think it is selling well, but not compared to the other Ferraris. There isn't much used inventory in Canada for most cars. The GTC4Lusso is also my favourite Ferrari in the current range.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #235 Shadowfax, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    :rolleyes:Guys if Lusso was selling so well then why the dire need for dealers to push them into buyers wanting cars like Pista when Pista is the exact opposite to Lusso?

C'mon guys, just because you have one doesn't make it popular even though it may be a nice thought.

Napoli, Roland1688 and F2003-GA like this.
  11. 488 FRANCE

488 FRANCE Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    FRANCE
    :):):)
    On se connaît d ou ?

12. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    looks like potential owners are trying to pump up the Pista by saying they are willing to pay $600K for the eventual flip.

13. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    A good number of LAF owners are habitual buyers. They may not care to admit it or show it but they still buy the non demand cars. Plenty of them have ff/cali t/lusso, etc.

14. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Agree . Many of the LAF customers still appreciate special build cars and even normal Ferrari’s. I have a friend that owns a LAF and has every special edition coupe too.

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  15. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

Sorry if I made it sound that way, I should have been clearer, I'm speculating based on general comments from many interested members. The point I was trying to make is that, based on these general "I want one now" posts, I think there are members that would pay $600K to be given an allocation today, and if that's true, then for those members buying a Lusso now to get a Pista allocation at MSRP, and later taking a hit on Lusso resale, isn't very different that just paying $600K. My comment is also based on a couple of local Ferrari owners telling me they'd buy one right now for $600K, maybe more.

Personally, I find those dealer's that require the purchase of a slow selling model to get the model you want to be no better than a typical used car salesman, which frankly IMO does a disservice to the brand, and is beneath a true luxury car dealership, but maybe that's just me.

Jim

Viperjoe and rocketman like this.
  16. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I get you on that. Seems to be just banter. If some were willing to pay that then there would be many avenues for them to get a Pista allocation. Offer to get the Lusso, buy another car, make a charitable donation to principle owner of dealer charity, etc. and you'll get the lusso for a lot less then the economics of spending $600K.

One of my very good friends had a chance to get a TDF which wasn't picked up by the customer of the dealer at MSRP. He just had to pay an additional $800K to a charitable trust.

17. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

Interesting, and not surprising (the donation). I guess in the end it's just the typical market forces at play......

18. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    All this talk about "Ferrari" having a list and
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet...

"I would gladly pay $601K to get a Pista"

See what I did there?

F2003-GA likes this.
  19. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Okay, I get it, there is no FChat member that would take an early Pista allocation for $600K.....and if Ferrari had made that the MSRP, they wouldn't have sold any.....not a single one!;)

Jim

20. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Dealers are seeing what the market will take for first set of allocations. It isn’t just Lusso, it’s others too. If someone is willing, since the car is desired...someone will do it.

uhn2000 likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    True. Desperation is usually what drives this behaviour from both sides.

Pista is the latest golden opportunity to shift cars that are very hard to shift and the dealers would know from past experience which customers will respond to their tactic. Hopefully once the dealers have cleared out their bad baggage normality will resume, so the other "less willing" buyers don't get put through the same torment.

However, the reality still stands where if these lusso's and others you mention were so popular and easy to shift they wouldn't be having to resort to this behavior.

22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Yes, those cars are appreciated, even the FF which is great in off season. But let's not get confused about what is seriously collected. :)

F2003-GA likes this.
  23. newtoscud

newtoscud Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    I have had an order for a pista with money down for quite a while yet my dealer still as of today has no news for me!! That’s annoying as I have heard of others having their allocation already. To make things worse I had a call from another dealer principal offering me a pista guaranteed as long as I took 2 diesel Maserati’s off his hands. To say that’s pissed me off is an understatement. How can these people pick and choose who gets what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoli and F2003-GA like this.
  24. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Since the approximate figure seems to be dealers getting an allocation of about 25 % of their lists maybe you've been saved a couple of cars you don't want

Judging by your posts you have no serious new car history and begrudge even using their service department annually so it seems quite reasonable for them not to have you too high up the list

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I've bought 12 new Ferrari's over the pat 20 years and I still have not heard back as to weather I'm even to get a Pista :confused:

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.