612 Interior: Beige and Tan......same or different?? | FerrariChat

612 Interior: Beige and Tan......same or different??

Discussion in '612/599' started by nikojo, Mar 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nikojo

nikojo Karting

Apr 18, 2008
    Midwest
    I see 612's listed with both colors as description......and pictures can be deceiving.

Are these two different interior color options or are they the same and people refer differently???

If they are different.....any 'real world' pictures would be awesome.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The actual color is Beige, but Cuoio is also referred to as tan. Crema and Sabbia are quite a bit lighter, but could also qualify as tan. For early 612s, this image might help. Later, a whole bunch more funky colors were available not in this group. If you really get serious about a 612, an option sheet or build sheet the service department at a Ferrari dealer can print will give you the exact leather and trim colors.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. nikojo

nikojo Karting

Apr 18, 2008
    Midwest
    Terry thanks for that.....it's so bizarre how they look different in different lights.

The 'beige' sometimes looks much lighter.

Also dealers use 'tan' and 'beige' interchangeably and like you mentioned may sometimes confuse with cuioio (saddle).....my favorite.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Cuoio is not really saddle. Saddle is more brown. Cuoio is orange like, baseball glove / basket ball.

And yep, tan is slang for beige ;)

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If the dealer can't be precise about what the color is, that is a sign they don't know Ferraris very well.

Bundy likes this.
  6. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    And, the plot thickens when you get to the carpeting colors.... For example, my 612, with beige interior has "beaver" colored carpets.

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm pretty sure the original owner could spec whatever carpets they wanted.

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Do a search for “Ferrari Scaglietti 612 interior colors” and you will find several sites with all the optional colors and styles. Earlier years had more limited selection but OTO years 2008.5 - 2010 years had a wide selection plus special “to suit” options which are not shown. The colors shown are named in the Italian name and often the English generic is shown as well.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app