Prefer The 488 GTB Or The 488 Pista? | FerrariChat

Prefer The 488 GTB Or The 488 Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Rossocorsa1, Apr 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. 488 GTB

16 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. 488 Pista

77 vote(s)
    82.8%
  1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I'm not sure if there is much of a divide here or not, but it is an interesting question to ask. Which of the two do you prefer?

2. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    #2 Napoli, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Crazy as it may seem to many, I prefer the GTB for my use. Want more of a (semi) daily driver - a road car. For the same reason I sold my GT3 and acquired the GTB.

Would love to have the Pista as a dedicated track car, though!

waterking and Shadowfax like this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Not crazy at all. I do prefer the Pista because I like a few of the aggressive aero design changes but I still love my GTB. In fact, if I move ahead with a Pista, I will need to option a lot of interior leather to more resemble my GTB spec which I much prefer over the standard Alcantara offered on the Pista.

Motorwerks, Shadowfax and Goosebug like this.
  4. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    You are gonna have one of each?!

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

No. If I'm lucky to get a Pista allocation I will sell my GTB.

6. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    You love your GTB. Gotta be a tough decision for you, either way, no?

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

The operative word being "IF" I get a Pista allocation. Like many, I'm just hoping at this point. If I do, as much as I love my GTB, I wouldn't hesitate at getting a Pista.

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Good luck. But, if you don't receive the allocation, you'll still have the GTB.

Shadowfax and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  9. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    For what the Pista will most likely go for in both primary and secondary markets...you could keep your GTB for everyday or road use and get a 458 or 488 Challenge car for didicated track use.

Shadowfax, uhn2000 and Napoli like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised to find GTB proved the better all rounder. After the past 3 days driving mountain passes (and dare I say unquestionably the best roads cars like these are ever likely to see period) the GTB proved to be utterly sensational!! The GTB was also clearly devastating in the company of a few extremely capable cars (mac inc). Now can a Pista top a GTB in these conditions? I really have my doubts. Pista may look the more special with superior numbers but sometimes there is more to a car than just numbers and appearance...
    And so for now I will refrain from voting until Ive driven Pista.

JagShergill, Ash Patel and Bhh like this.
  11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Can not tick either box.
    My preference is 488 GTB interior 100% all leather no carbon,
    Exterior PISTA except for the rear quarter inserts.
    No stripes
    Exterior carbon bits satin black
    5 spoke rims ( GTB )

Shadowfax likes this.
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I should prefer the Pista (and I managed to get an allocation) but eventually I tend to consider the GTB is better value for money.
    Yes the Pista is brilliant, yes it's more exclusive but actually it only offers limited improvements (50 CV and reworked aerodynamics, with no real body change) for a significant price increase.
    Still undecided (did not get my deposit back yet) but I'll probably just keep the GTB (and take more driving training to make up for the performance gap ;)

Napoli, MANDALAY, JagShergill and 2 others like this.
  13. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Think twice ! ;)

14. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Huh!? o_O:confused:

15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'm beginning to wonder whether the current majority preference for Pista is based mostly upon the slight and somewhat more aggressive change in appearance and the exclusivity? Pista will likely be not easy to live with and may therefore become an even bigger garage queen than a GTB because of that. Can't wait to drive it to see how it behaves on the road in real world driving situations - the back roads being the ultimate judge.

MANDALAY likes this.
  16. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I will keep the 488 Spider, as it has more daily use possibilities, and my wife would certainly not be interested in ever driving the Pista that will arrive to partner it. I remain astounded at the breath of abilities the GTB and Spider have. I thought after the 458 I would not like the loss of raw sound of the NA V8, but as an overall package, the 488 is a truly great car and we both love it. The Pista is a different proposition, far more aggressive , it will be exceptional at extreme performance , from what I hear something special dynamically . It depends on what your needs are I guess. I have never thought the GTB/Spider was missing performance though. I never had the chance to own both TDF and F12 together , but a few friends have that scenario, and for the majority of time pick up the F12 keys . Extreme is great, wonderful and emotional. But not when you are going out to dinner . So I concur with Shadofax on his observation.

Afonsolaw, MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ll never experience the total performance capabilities of either. I suppose I take those things for granted with cars at this level. For me it’s about the design and presence of the car. I bought my 488 GTB because of that. If I don’t get a Pista, I’m perfectly happy with my GTB. I love it. But, the Pista takes that design to an even more dramatic level while still maintaining Ferrari class. I wasn’t sure they would be able to accomplish this because the GTB is already very aggressive and dramatic, but they did brilliantly.

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  18. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    IMHO 488 GTB has no interest.
    high performance but sounds bad and suspension too smooth : comfortable but not enough sporty and addictive : will not be remembered without the future
    Speciale and probably Pista awesome and iconic

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You've gotta be kidding me. I'd dearly love to have you join me on one of our runs. A couple of shots from the past few days - the calm before the pass (if you could call it that;)) - 180kms worth of non stop Disneyland (on just that leg alone). Love to see your 458 deal with the relentless onslaught and stay close to a 488. No offense but you have no idea just how good a 488 really is...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy, MANDALAY, JagShergill and 5 others like this.
  20. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Man, I envy you. Wish I could just find half decent roads around here.

*Anyone in greater Phila, S Jersey, NE Maryland and thereabouts/and beyond please chime in if ya’ got some to share.

21. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Just seeing your pics. Super nice spec, BTW! More, if ya' got 'em!

Shadowfax and Viperjoe like this.
  22. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

You meant to post this on April 1st didn’t you!

Bundy, MANDALAY, anishka and 3 others like this.
  23. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    488 GTB :
    it's not the best Ferrari far has !
    the engine is not worth a NA engine
    And ils design is not a materpiece

Afonsolaw likes this.
  24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    As far as I'm concerned I think the turbochargers are actually solving the (relative) lack of torque of the 458.
    To get a welcome power band an engine needs either a large capacity (but then there is the weight penalty) or whatever kind of supercharging (turbocharging being currently the most efficient solution).
    And as a global package the 488 GTB is well sorted, not showing off but far from ridiculous on track.

Shadowfax and Napoli like this.
  25. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France

488 has power but will be exceeded by his replacement but mostly misses the point: the emotion!
    do not miss the opportunity to acquire a pista