The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 216 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Griffon83, shrews, NEP and 7 others like this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  3. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Being from NYC, I understand why they might have. NY is a place where wealth is often deliberately hidden from the surface. An 812 SF in matte blue tones down the exterior and makes it less conspicuous. Let's see where this car ends up in 30 years. It might be a collector's item if it is the only 812 originally produced in this color. An alternative thought: Maybe this is a wrap?

4. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Yes, my client wanted Azzurro Dino for his 812.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I doubt its a wrap based on the fact that is has blue carbon.

6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Congrats !! Loving the white with the rims....

7. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Anyone received their 812 with Michelins yet? My car is delayed due to my specific request of Michelin....

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  8. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Thanks!

9. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    Thanks! I’ll try to get some good quality interior pics soon.

10. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Saw it yesterday - is painted matte blu swaters. Talking to the guy there, they are a Ferrari corporate showroom and don’t sell cars but do atelier and Tailor Made sessions. The car is their spec. Not my taste but the intent is to show options I guess - comes with blue carbon.

11. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Have had the New York showroom spec all my cars. They are very helpful.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Juli likes this.
  13. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    What's everyone's consensus on the presence of shields at least on this particular model? It seems like at least for the 2+2 models aa greater likelihood of people are selecting no shields based on the lines of the car. But that aside, what about for the 812? It would appear that the only time I see people opting out is with the darker colors, but haven't seen any report of anyone ordering a brighter/lighter color even like the reds etc. without them. Anyone out there speccing it that way? Resale issues aside and history of racing lineage aside (which may be more brand dependent rather than this vehicle dependent), it does seem to look good and really clean without them. I think we are so used to seeing the vehicles with the shields that it induces the "naked" feeling, but what are your thoughts when really viewing it without them not trying to compare to all other ones you see?

14. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I much prefer the GT cars without shields. But would feel compelled to spec the shields nonetheless. Same with LEDs - don't really like them on GT cars but would spec them. Purpose of selecting them against preference is purely based on making it more attractive to the next owner after I end my relationship with the car (crazy but there you go). Would have different views on 488, tdf, Pista etc. where shields and LEDs make more sense - there would have no hesitation in ordering with shields and LEDs.

Caeruleus11 and F12KID like this.
  15. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    no shields on mine

Caeruleus11, R J and -K1- like this.
  16. gliazzurri

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    I was looking for yours actually in the history but may have overlooked it, did you post a photo? I did see you made mention of that. Sorry if I didn't notice it as a clickable link in one of the messages...

17. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    More pics please....

18. LF3

LF3 Rookie

Nov 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    George
    I agree about the question of shields vs 488 etc. l asked to not have shields on my RC 812 but my dealer felt strongly I should at least go with the replaceable carbon / silver shields in case I later changed my mind or for resale. I also felt it detracted from the lines. I also went for silver brakes rather than the traditional yellow. I m not worried about being asked if it's a mustang!

Caeruleus11 and F12KID like this.
  19. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Not built yet....tick-tock waiting waiting waiting....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. gliazzurri

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    That's very interesting to hear! Exactly what I was wondering about. It feels like almost a requirement when there are very few comparables to have even across all model lines. I found it interesting that I was selecting that on the configurator first by default but never really examining the appearance without it, only because it seems like nearly every car has it. I find it helps in certain color combinations bring things together and also ties into yellow calipers if present, but otherwise is perhaps an interruption of the line when viewing it differently. I'm particularly interested if anyone else ordered "typical" colors without the shields only because it seems like a point of habit rather than "need".

R J likes this.
  21. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Lusso no shields:
    GTC4Lusso Official Picture Thread.
    V. Tasty without shields.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  23. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Dolceexte, Caeruleus11 and Juli like this.