Desperatly looking for a 456gta wiring diagram to do a radio conversion | FerrariChat

Desperatly looking for a 456gta wiring diagram to do a radio conversion

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by chucky one, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chucky one

chucky one Rookie

Mar 12, 2015
    Hi all,
    I wonder if any one has or knows where to get wiring diagrams for a 456 gt. I am modifying the stereo system with an up to date stereo with backup car. I need the diagrams to find the associated wiring in the centre console/tunnel so that I can -T- off directly there instead of running new wiring from the trunk to the front where the original radio head is located, I will be getting rid of all the radio components in the trunk if it work out.
    Any a help would be appreciated.

2. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

There are plenty of good content 456 GT stereo threads in here. The original radio unit can be repaired and to my ears it's pretty good when everything works. I set up cooling fans to help not frying the caps again anytime soon.

There are no real wiring diagrams but there are some here that will tell you which wires are which. If you want to reroute the speaker connections you would need to strip the entire interior, like I did for 2-3 different reasons.

But you will not have enough room for any stereo system anywhere else on the 456 GT. The face plate / control unit of the original Sony unit fits there, but no complete stereo will. The 456M GT is different.

Cheers!

3. chucky one

chucky one Rookie

Mar 12, 2015

Hi,
    Thanks for the info, my Sony unit did work,I want something more than just music. I have already modified a Chinese stereo with a video display to fit the original slot. Have also installed a backup camera at the same time. I have taken the interior apart like you mentioned and would be much easier if I had a wiring diagram because I will need to cut into the wiring to T off to the new radio unit. If I can,t locate one I think I will buy a wire tracer and see if that works. You mentioned that some here know the speaker wires I assume the colours, that would help if they know the colours in the main bundle in the cabin, because they change from the trunk to the first disconnect at least on mine, I think mine was previously modified because I do not have the original Sony but a later model Sony.
    Thanks