MAGNUM'S BACK IN A 308! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

MAGNUM'S BACK IN A 308!

Discussion in '308/328' started by wildcat326, May 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I saw the trailer and no thank you.

2. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I agree with the bad news lists previously compiled: too many Ferraris (real or otherwise) trashed, crappy digital action scenes that aspire
    to - yet apparently fail to reach - comic book levels of credibility, and cloying updates of the original characters. So this show will take some time to digest, perhaps forever. ;) On the other hand, the scenery is spectacular, it looks like it should be humorous, and it can't possibly be as bad as 80% of the crap that masquerades as contemporary television entertainment.

3. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    LOL! that was the warmup in the later FAF films...

sjd

4. tf308

tf308 Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I made the mistake of watching some YouTube video with the new “Magnum “ commenting on the 308. It’s hard for me to think Magnum would complain about the 308’s lack of power steering. Argh! The new Magnum is too millennial! The new Thomas needs electric steering and CarPlay. Makes me sick! At least Cobra Kai didn’t disappoint(This show was amazing BTW)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    I can understand not using a 308 for the show....No way our cooling system could handle today's Honolulu traffic. Seriously though...I agree with the above post...i am happy the 308 made an appearance and is the star of the first show. I was intrigued until the over the top CGI jump to the helicopter. With that said...I'll be watching for sure.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It’s not for you. It’s for 60 year old grannies who remember the cool hunk with the mustache and Hawaiian shirt beating up bad guys.

7. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    " It’s hard for me to think Magnum would complain about the 308’s lack of power steering.!"

Heck, I do! ;)

G. Pepper likes this.
  8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Not sure about that, nearly every time I display my 328 someone always mentions the word "Magnum" when admiring it.

mike996 and Thomas Magnum like this.
  9. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    This is typical modern fast and furious crap..... and Higgins? Give me a break with that pc ********, how many guys will get their butts kicked by her in every episode? Total hollyweird crap.

4re308 and AN-M like this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would bet that 90% of all people couldn't recognize a 308 from a Pontiac of the same era.

Yes, I know WE can. But Mr. and Mrs John Q. Public? I don't think they can.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Watched the little video and....I think I will love it. A fresh approach to a great classic show. Obviously, Ferrari will be a major theme and for that reason alone I support the show.

12. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    That's KITT isn't it? (from the same era).

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    How odd that so many random strangers from all ages stop by me at the gas station and say "Wow, a Ferrari" and ask to take a picture.

I've yet to hear "Dude, cool Pontiac!" Hell, I've never even been asked if it's fake.

mike996 and rjlloyd like this.
  14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Do a test tomorrow.

Take a picture of each and stop random people on the street. Then you'll understand.

15. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I'm already aware of the truth of my own experience. As you've made the assertion that 90% of people cannot tell the difference, the burden is on you to prove your statement - not on me to disprove it.

So feel free to come to Florida and conduct your own survey.

mike996, Rosey and 308 milano like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Red mist. You have it.

Seriously... most people cannot tell one car from another. What you see are those who DO.What you don't see is those who DON'T

17. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Argument by Assertion: you're demonstrating it.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LOL!!! Better look in the mirror and say that.

90% of all people cannot identify one car from another. Most people haven't seen a 308 in 20 years.

I would bet 99% of all people couldn't even NAME a 308gts if they saw one.

Seriously... I've had people see the Prancing horse on an F430 spider and asked me if it was the latest Mustang.

phrogs likes this.
  19. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    That would explain why I constantly see people wandering around parking lots, trying their key in someone else's car in a vain attempt to luckily find their own...

mike996, rjlloyd and Rosey like this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Enjoy! :)

21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  22. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    You hang around with some pretty unobservant friends!!!

thorn likes this.
  23. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    When I drive my 328 it gets tons of attention.
    Thumbs up, people taking video, walking up to me and asking about it.
    I’ve been around a good selection of cars and doubt VERY seriously if I were driving around in a 90s Trans am I would get the same interest.
    Saying that 90% of people couldn’t tell the difference is just flat out wrong.

24. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    I have no definitive answer to this question, but here is my experience in Japan: When I drive my silver 308 GTB, a vast majority of people don't even look at the car. Very occasionally do I get a smile or a sign. Once, I drove my car just behind a red 308 GTB, and I realized much, much more people turned their heads towards the red one. So my guess is that many people do know a red car with a yellow logo is probably a Ferrari.
    By the way, I was also very surprised at the still low number of people turning heads when I was driving my friend's 288 GTO. I spent quite a few hours behind the wheel, and I only remember of 2 people who seemed really shocked/happy to see such a rarity (you know, eyes and mouth wide opened!).
    I guess the fact that in Japan you can get many sport cars for very little money helps the silver 308 blend in without raising much attention. On the other hand, I noticed it did get a lot of interest at cars and coffee, where people actually know a little bit more about cars. Some of them even notice it's a vetro and are happy to see one in the flesh. Well, in the fiber. ;-)

25. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    WJHMH and Rosey like this.