F1 fluid reservoir overfilled | FerrariChat

F1 fluid reservoir overfilled

Discussion in '360/430' started by Zed82, Jun 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Could there be any other reason for the reservoir to be overfilled apart from too much fluid added in the service? There was fluid all the way up to the top. If the accumulator tank is going bad then the fluid level should be low right?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

If you just had the car serviced its probably overfilled. In my experience if theres to much fluid added during a service, it will expand and overflow out the weep hole untill it levels off

Zed82 likes this.
  3. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    No other reason for it too be overfilled? Was thinking air in the system etc. Everything works as it should apart from the solid state relay warning that the pumps sometimes pressurizes too often.

4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I cant think of any other reason why it would be overfilled. I guess some air in the system is a possibility. Maybe some others who are more experienced will come in

Zed82 likes this.
  5. hamdog

hamdog Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2005
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Hamdog
    Had the same isssue last year after replacing the fluid. Too much fluid. Either suction some out or leave it as is until it drains to the correct level.

Zed82 likes this.
  6. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    They are often overfilled during service - a little annoying.
    Also, once the temperature changes, and gets hotter, that fluid expands - it doesn't take a whole lot of fluid, so that can cause that to happen.

Zed82 likes this.
  7. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    And the required tool is.... a turkey baster.

Zed82 likes this.