Brake pads 360....2018 recommendations? | FerrariChat

Brake pads 360....2018 recommendations?

Discussion in '360/430' started by DanNE, Jun 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Looking for brake pads for my 360 -- what's recommended in 2018 in terms of good performance but low dust? Low dust important because the car is a street car so I'd like the wheel area to stay clean esp. after detailing/etc.

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Take your pick. Really low dust pads are not listed or recommended, however. Low dust characteristics are usually counter to good performance. The exception is carbon ceramic rotors and pads. The Posi-Quiets are the lowest I'd suggest going. My preferred pad is the StopTech sport.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=230_995

whatheheck and flash32 like this.
  3. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Thanks -- in the link you sent it shows the front and rear pads to be the same (same part number?) for each of the different manufacturers....is that really the case? I was pretty sure the 360 has different front and rear part numbers?

4. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    I'm also seeing interesting reviews for Girodisc brake pads as well as EBC? EBC seems the run-of-the-mill type pad, am I correct?

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Interestingly, they're the same.

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Girodisc pads are very close to Stoptech Sport pads. I've not tried EBC but have heard mixed reviews of them. I haven't seen any brake gurus recommend EBC, but maybe I don't read the right pages.

7. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I run Endless MX-72s. Bar none, the best streetable, yet trackable pad you will get. Pedal feel is amazing, coupled with SS Lines and new Fluid and all.

Love them, I've run MX-72s before, and will continue to in the future on all my cars!

Expensive though, you're looking at likely around $600 - $700 USD, and they take a while to get.

They dust a bit, but no worse than any other typical performance pad. No noise at all from using them.

Need4Spd likes this.
  8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    They look great, but I’ll stick with the StopTechs at <$100 a set.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app