LAS VEGAS DINING | Page 11 | FerrariChat

LAS VEGAS DINING

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Steelton Keith, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That looks like a place I would like. New place to try this weekend, thanks!

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Any recent intel on Sushi Roku at Caesars?
    T

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I was there about a year ago.

IMO, its fine but a bit pricey. It's not your traditional Sushi. More fusion like. Can be really crowded and bit noisy if at the peak time. It is popular though.

tomc likes this.
  4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I was also there about a year ago, maybe a little more. We thought it was pretty good. I was with a group of 5-6 guys, one of which was a sushi chef, so we just let him pick a bunch of thing, and it came out great.

tomc likes this.
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Thanks guys. Wife has decided on Sushi Roku based on your recommendations. I was looking for some hole-in-the-wall joints.

Dog Haus Biergarten
    Cafe Sanuki - which I recall being recommended here
    Mr Mamas

Any other good places off The Strip worth checking out for cheap eats. I think we've been to every Hawaiian place in town, and we avoid Tex-Mex when we travel as we get a ton of that here in Dallas. Thanks, in advanced, for any advice...T

6. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tom. Do you and your wife like Hard Shell (blue) crabs...the steamed old bay guys popular in the Chesapeake region and my favorite food. If so, try The Crab Corner. Owner from Ocean City and get fresh live crabs daily on an SWA non stop from BWI. Not fancy. Mondays used to be all you can eat (medium size). Joint is in strip mall south west of town out Russell Road if I remember

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'll run it past the boss. She's not the hugest fan of seafood...T

8. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Don't drag her to CC then. Only thing on the menu.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Pho Kim Long
    District One
    Tacos El Gordo
    Shish kabob house (get the combo platter with lamb chops and a side of cucumber yogurt)
    Weera Thai
    Hwaro Korean BBQ

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Been to El Gordo. It was pretty good. Not the others though. Thank you.
    T

11. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I like Sushi Twister on my side of town. It's in a bad location and I only drive my Jeep there but their Sushi is really good! It's at the Boulder Highway and Tropicana. Once a month I take my office there for lunch. Once in a while I find someone to go to dinner with me as my wife is not a fan of Sushi!

It's a hole in the wall place. If you ever go ask if they have "Super White" as it is amazing!

12. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well my wife's birthday is this Sunday so I am going to take her to the "Golden Steer Steak House". She told me to "surprise" her, I think this will do it.

13. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Scott. Not certain of your practice specialty, but retaining family law counsel now might be advisable given your dining venue surprise for your bride:).

Lotaz likes this.
  14. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

I heard good things about their steaks, have I been misguided?

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've heard likewise. Yelp reviews are excellent. Any reviews from locals?
    T

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Had lunch here. Funny enough, it's right next store to Island Style, one of our all-time favorites in Vegas.

I had the green papaya salad and bbq chicken. Wife had pad Thai. Heat level 2. Both were great. Great suggestion. Thank you...T

17. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Let's just say, it's not where I would take a date, unless she was into "old Vegas" stuff. The place has great history, though.

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you look closely you will find some "Rat Pack" DNA around somewhere. :)

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^OK. So I had to check it out. I told my wife all your comments and she was all in! It's old school without being moldy and musty. Service was great, steak not bad. Not as good as my steak, but, hey, I'm biased. You won't leave hungry, that's for sure. Caesar salad was one of the better I've had. The strip mall it is in looks a bit seedy, but I've seen much worse. Wife enjoyed it. Price not unreasonable for Vegas IMO.

Lotaz - I asked my wife if this was a place she'd want to go for her birthday. She was tepid on that. That being said, the group across from us was celebrating a birthday. Looked like fun, and a LVFD code violation.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I think this would be a good place to bring one of your guy friends for their birthday. The ladies might want something a tad more romantic. Blow the budget, Lotaz, and get reservations at Le Cirque!

T

20. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Scott...somewhere on this thread way back we had a good talk about the old time joints (Pamplemousse included). My comment was tongue-in-cheek I haven't been to the GS since maybe the late 80's? It's in the Hugo's Cellar vein (without the jackets), dark and old school, so not the kind of place I would think most ladies of class and refinement would enjoy. Sorry if I mislead you. Keith

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Glad you enjoyed it. I usually get their pad Thai or their panang which is very different from other panangs, much thicker and peanutty (more brown than orange).

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wife thought the pad Thai was excellent. I love green papaya salad, which I've not found a good, reliable source of in DFW, so that motivated my choice...T

23. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well we ended up cancelling as my wife was sick. I was still going to go as she loves old style Las Vegas steak houses. I know there are other but she had mentioned the Golden Steer which was the driving force. Not sure when we are going to reschedule..

FYI she likes places like the Golden Steer and I like more "elegant" type places.

24. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Stay cool out there boys!