What happened to the sunday mornings at Huntington Beach? | FerrariChat

What happened to the sunday mornings at Huntington Beach?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by robertpel9, Aug 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Just curious if this still goes on at the Starbucks off PCH on Sunday mornings. I usually take my 360 when i go. I picked up a Gen 1 NSX las tweek and took a drive down but no one was there..... Is this still active??

2. Greg34

Greg34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2010
    Sunset Beach
    Full Name:
    Greg
    PM'd you
    G-

3. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    I went last month, no one was there.

4. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    I had baby #2 so, that kept me from going to this one. When did this one stop? I try to get to 1 or 2 a month somewhere now.

5. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Seems like it's dead. If anyone here is interested in some Morning canyon crusing though say Santiago canyon, carbon canyon, etc. Please let me know. I'm usually up early on Sunday and take either the 360 or the NSX out for a cruise through the twisties, followed by Breakfast. I have to imagine there are some other Orange County owners who would have fun meeting up and doing the same. If there is any interest please reply here.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyway we can revive the HB C&C?

7. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm in! I'd like a regular gathering of more Ferraris then I have been seeing in OC lately. The new c&c south oc is too far to drive every Saturday so I haven't been going. The c&c's are becoming gatherings of newer cars we all see in SoCal parking lots everyday. Idiots that can't keep their foot out of the pedal are ruining it for the south oc event too. Already a complaint filed from residents.
    Certainly all cars need to be welcome. I just want to have a more regular venue for Ferraris.

8. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm in for meeting up a couple times a month. I'd like to cruise as well. The old location was fine with me. Just seems no one goes anymore....

9. redspyder

redspyder Karting

Jul 10, 2012
    california
    Full Name:
    Steve Landaker
    Bob did a GREAT JOB putting together visits to some very nice car collections after the C&C @ Huntington Harbor.

10. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    #10 Newport, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Quite frankly... I would like to get a gathering going at Huntington State Park (HSP). Let's face facts... Most places C&Cs are held could be any strip mall anywhere USA. We live in CA by the BEACH. The last thing I want to do is go to a nameless strip mall on my days off. I have checked in with the great state of CA and they have NO ISSUE with a weekly gathering at HSP. THEY WOULD WELCOME IT. They are over 1,000 spots available! Hear me out... And I have checked this out. Local PD (HB/NP) has no jurisdiction in the lot. They have there own state rangers(armed) that keep the peace. So this would be a meet that would stick with no local interference! (Once you drive on PCH then you are on your own!)
    First downside: No Starbucks OMG!!!!! Solution: They would allow with no issue a food truck to serve us.
    Second downside: YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!
    What a car show you have to PAY to attend. Well that won't work!!!! Or will it? It's $15 for a one off or you pay once a year $195 for a CA all State park pass that is good for ANY state park in the ENTIRE state of CA!!!!
    Upsides
    1. It's by the BEACH!
    2. There is no end as there is no local municipality BS! (The city of HB it self told me to go to HSP as I would have no issue and they were right! I tried to get a C&C going in front of the Hyatt in HB but the Costal Commission that controls the lots said no!)
    3. It would be the only reoccurring show by the BEACH maybe anywhere on the planet!!!!
    4. Cruise PCH after to North or South.
    5. There would be no car discrimination EVER. You pay you can play.
    6. Pay to play will cut out any "Riff Raff"
    7. The State will save us an entire 440 spot lot to start!!!
    8. Media coverage/social media coverage would be huge! Why ...cause it's by the BEACH.
    I was working with a MAJOR Supercar manufacturer but they have not stepped up to the plate ( I was asking for them to pay for the first 100 cars once a month) So.. maybe time just to do it on my own!

I would need a core of about 30 super car guys to jump in all at once ...then grow it from there... Maybe I should start a new thread??
    Would love to hear opinions of actual super car owners or PM me if serious.
    Do I have 30 BALLERS that can drop $195 once a year!?!
    Mic drop...LOL

11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, I don't own a "super car" and likely never will or want to, but I do spend the money every year on annual State Park Pass, so perhaps you won't mind my opinion (or two?).
    Above suggestions do not sound very casual/informal, word-of-mouth gathering for car guys to briefly stop by after enjoying an early am scenic drive (are there many around HB ?) which I always thought to be the original concept of C & C.
    Quite frankly, they appear to miss the point of C & C by attempting to be yet another organized, publicity seeking (with huge media coverage & sponsors !?!), "pay-to-play" (elitist ?) car show event, for which one can probably find dozens of alternatives every weekend year-round here in SoCal.
    But then again, what do I know ? I must be so out of touch with current car "culture"(?) and its "vogues" since I'm more into driving one than posing next to any and nor do I have any idea who or what "BALLERS" are.

12. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    The whole jist of the end of my post was tongue and cheek. :) Hard to get fun tone through. Ballers = 30 guys that don't mind throwing a few bucks a year to meet in a great place not have to worry about the local municipality or strip mall owners shutting it down. Which we all know is a unfortunate reoccurring theme. HSP is the solution to lots of C&C problems. I miss Bob at the harbor club that was fun and, he set up some great events for which I am thankful. I will start a new thread to see if any interest in HSP. Hope to see you there if I can get it off the ground. Your the first paid attendee already!

13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, best of luck with this endeavor and thanks for the invite, but the one or two Sundays a month I can spare for leisure driving I prefer to spend on some interesting scenic back roads & highways, which HB part of OC doesn't seem to offer enough of to make it appealing part of the route or destination.

14. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
  15. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    so heres my question.... whats to stop anyone from going to Starbucks on PCH. parking car grabbing a cup of coffee and talking.. Then when one is ready. JUST LEAVE? Ive been doing it like that since the beginning!! Just curious.

16. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
  17. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006

Absolutely nothing. It happens every Sunday am at Crystal Cove. Just don't back in park or put hoods up. The problem becomes when it swells to 50++ cars and the hanger on-ers start to show up. Then people start walking around cars, then people line the streets then...well you know the rest...

18. robertpel9

Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd be fine with this if there were actually people showing up. Out of curiousity what happened to Bob??

Also see my other thread on Canyon carving. I'd like to get a group together that actually wants to get these cars moving. Let me know on that thread if anyone is interested. I'm trying to schedule the first one for the 30th at 7am

19. Rbcj50cal

Rbcj50cal Rookie

Nov 6, 2015
    I would be in for a gathering at the beach. Seems like the perfect venue. I'll be there just tell me when you would like to meet.

20. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
  21. Rbcj50cal

Rbcj50cal Rookie

Nov 6, 2015
    I’m ready. Count me in.

22. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Me too.

23. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  24. evommcdmd

evommcdmd Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Mike Cervantes
  25. evommcdmd

evommcdmd Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Mike Cervantes
    There is this: Supercars by the Sea
    I went once. A mix of all cars.

This will be a re-occurring monthly meeting of Supercar Enthusiasts at Huntington State Beach. The first meet will be on Sunday January 14th from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. This event is fully approved & permitted by the California Department of Parks and Recreation.
    I developed this event with the input of the City of Huntington Beach and the willingness of the State to allow growth in its 1,000+ space parking lot. As car meets continue to get pushed out of existing venues, I was seeking a permanent solution in a scenic place, for all to enjoy for decades to come. The best way to enjoy the event is to purchase the Annual State Parks Pass (good at all Parks statewide) or there is a $15 day use pass to get into the park.

A couple of quick details:
    Parking will be reserved for each meet (Plenty of room for trucks and trailers).
    Enter at Magnolia & PCH.
    The Park prefers cash but, does have credit card capability at entry.
    21601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92646

Instagram: supercarsbythesea https://www.instagram.com/supercarsbythesea/