2018 NORTHWEST REGION FERRARI CONCOURS | FerrariChat

2018 NORTHWEST REGION FERRARI CONCOURS

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Aeroengineman, Jun 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Greetings all Ferrari owners. You are invited and encouraged to register your car for our event July 8, 2018. This is NOT^ just another "Car Show". Those who have attended in the past will tell you this is a major event for the Northwest Region of the Ferrari Club of America. If you haven't attended and own a Ferrari you might be asking "what's in it for me?" Have your car judged and the paperwork from the judges is Nationally recognized and something that will ad real value to your car's records going forward and more than offset the small entry fee. Register by clicking HERE

Last year we had 3500 visitors and 100 Ferraris on the grid. This year is our last year for doing this until the 2021 Nationals in Portland. The Dochnahl estate at 13200 Lake Kathleen Rd. Renton is 25 acres with 8 acres of mowed lawns with a sound system throughout. There will be commentary, an opera singer memorabilia to buy and a charity auction for Ben's fund. There is a winery onsite and we expect 11 wineries there and 4 food trucks.

In addition to Ferrari's, we also invite the Classic Car Club, Lamborghini owners, and the Ducati club to display their finest.

We are planning for the same quantities as last year and non Ferrari owners are encouraged and very welcome to attend and bring the whole family and make a day of it. Gates open for the public from 10-3. Ferrari owners have your cars there by 8:00 AM to be staged and judged.

This is an amazing event - so Don't Miss it

Dave Tegeler
    2018 Ferrari Concours Chairman

2. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Greetings all Ferrari owners. You are invited and encouraged to register your car for our event July 8, 2018. This is NOT^ just another "Car Show". Those who have attended in the past will tell you this is a major event for the Northwest Region of the Ferrari Club of America. If you haven't attended and own a Ferrari you might be asking "what's in it for me?" Have your car judged and the paperwork from the judges is Nationally recognized and something that will ad real value to your car's records going forward and more than offset the small entry fee. Register by clicking HERE

Last year we had 3500 visitors and 100 Ferraris on the grid. This year is our last year for doing this until the 2021 Nationals in Portland. The Dochnahl estate at 13200 Lake Kathleen Rd. Renton is 25 acres with 8 acres of mowed lawns with a sound system throughout. There will be commentary, an opera singer memorabilia to buy and a charity auction for Ben's fund. There is a winery onsite and we expect 11 wineries there and 4 food trucks.

In addition to Ferrari's, we also invite the Classic Car Club, Lamborghini owners, and the Ducati club to display their finest.

We are planning for the same quantities as last year and non Ferrari owners are encouraged and very welcome to attend and bring the whole family and make a day of it. Gates open for the public from 10-3. Ferrari owners have your cars there by 8:00 AM to be staged and judged.

This is an amazing event - so Don't Miss it

Dave Tegeler
    2018 Ferrari Concours Chairman

f355spider likes this.
  3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I've registered the 365GT, and spent a bunch of time (and even more money) trying to get a few extra points through things like tools, proper hood pad, etc. I'm also taking it to Forest Grove, but my mechanic is the Ferrari judge there, so he knows both the good and bad of my car-- no hoping that something won't be noticed!

4. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Does the car have to be completely stock? How harshly would it be judged for some tasteful usability mods?

I've got a nice 1994 348 Spider (Rosso/Tan, sn 96899), but the P.O. converted to power steering (Mondial T parts), and I did the (reversible) 3-point belt conversion because the automatic belts are annoying.

5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm no expert, but I would guess the power steering will cost you a point, if they notice. I don't know that the belts are an issue because they are safety related.

On my car, I know of several things which are incorrect (but an improvement, for purposes of actually using the car), and I've just accepted that I will get marked down a few points. My goal is 90 or above (92 in an ideal world). I know my car isn't a 100 point car, and probably not a 95 point car, but I suppose I could get lucky.

aballas likes this.
  6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    For power steering they kick you out of the 348 section completely. ;)

aballas likes this.
  7. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Tbh I thought so too when I realized it had it. But it's grown on me. I like being able to navigate parking lots easily, and it's got plenty of feel.

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    As Don mentioned, it is probably going to cost you a couple points. I don't have judging sheets in front of me at the moment... Typical Ferrari Concours judging supports originality first, even above condition. We generally do not deduct for mild, honest wear, as we encourage owners to drive the cars. Don't think you won't do well. If that is all you have for changes, you may be top in class. Some show up with modified exhaust, air boxes, door sills, wheels, LED headlights, aftermarket stereo mods, and end up with a lot of deductions.

aballas likes this.
  9. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Haha! Thanks for the info! All is stock aside from the aforementioned power steering (all OEM ferrari parts,however), and the seatbelt modification. I assume I should at least plug my mouse motors/ mircroswitches back in though? They work. I just hate them.

10. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Can you bring a Ferrari but not be judged? After some 50 years of many different automotive venues from brass era to 100 point classics, I have a car barn full of useless trophies. I would come for the fun and enjoyment but forget the judging aspect. I just have a lowly 348 spyder, a daily driver looks nice but certainly not concourse.

Respectfully Submitted,

brasscarguy

11. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm pretty sure you can choose not to be judged, so display only. You might check the club's website to be sure.

12. Aeroengineman

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler

13. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    A couple of newbie questions:

1) Do I need to bring my own chairs, or is there a place to sit down?

2) Is it shady, or is that going to be an issue?

3) What time does it finish, or maybe more relevant, what time can I leave (assuming I don't win anything)?

Thanks!

14. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Don:
    1) yes bring chairs! (my feet hurt)
    2) It depends if you get lucky. My car was under a tree, yours was not Don!

Anyway I tried to find you but didn't manage too figure out who you were. Your car is amazing though! Hopefully you saw my F12.

15. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
  16. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Congratulations! I did see your F12, very nice! I brought chairs, and we kept moving them around, chasing the shade. All in all, a pretty nice way to spend the day! I was 4th out of 4, but that wasn't a surprise given the competition, and I actually scored pretty well.

17. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Hey Gamemaker,
    I saw your F12 but I don't think you were around....sorry I missed you. Yours was the one close to the 599 ...Red...correct?
    I was the one hobbling around all day due to a bad foot injury.

Well....I got lucky !!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider likes this.
  18. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Not luck, well deserved! :)

Flea7 likes this.
  19. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Very nice! I saw all of your cars. Don, your class was a lot harder than mine!