FORMULA 1 EYETIME GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EYETIME GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What did Ferrari wrong in ****ing up their standing in the FIA and F1 that obviously nobody cares over there whether they get WCC/WDC or not...It seems the standing of Mercedes and RB are much higher. Did Ferrari bluff too often to leave F1 that nobody believes them anymore but Mercedes and RB could leave and have to be pampered for that?

dm_n_stuff and Bas like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Saw that. If it passes, it's complete BS. Pirelli should say to the other teams having blistering issues: " Don't make your problem MY problem!!!! YOU FIX IT!!"

fil, Jeronimo GTO, stavura and 2 others like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. The fact that 1 team, let alone 4(!), can handle it, means that there is nothing wrong with the tyres. Simple as that.

fil and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Everybody knows that, as long as Ferrari gets paid enough, they´ll put two cars on the grid. The same can´t be said about Mercedes or Red Bull, so they have to be kept happy.

If they meddle with the tyres again, it will be the third time that Pirelli pisses Ferrari. Enough is enough.

fil and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think Mercedes brings a big bag of money for some of the **** they manage to do....

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Fun reading the comments from the BBC sport F1 section about this race lol :)

Posted by Mr T
    on 1 Jul 2018 15:22
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, And treat those two impostors just the same"............"which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!"

So some growing up to do for Lewis then. The sound of chief strategist prostrating themselves in front of a mardy child might have made me a bit sick in my mouth.

Grow up Lewis. Your team is more than just you. Do they whine when you bin it?

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  7. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Martin Brundle mentioned that almost 300 Trucks will drive the 1600 mile journey to Silverstone, arriving on Tuesday.

stavura, DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I said this earlier in the thread that I wouldn’t put it past MB and Pirelli to pull this Shyte while todt naps; manipulated championship imho. This is why in season testing should be allowed. Cars should be developed, not the equipment around them to accommodate a team that is inconsistent.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agreed. A team that's worked like clockwork for 4 years shouldn't apologize as if he's King Joffrey from Game of Thrones. Look at how Vettel handles such a situation. Or Schumacher. ****, look at Ricciardo and Verstappen when things go wrong again? They never blame or question the team so publicly. Especially at Red Bull actually, how many times have we heard the engineers and/or Horner say ''sorry about that, just get on with it''. In other words, what needs to be discussed, we'll discuss later....nothing we can do about it now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

635CSI and stavura like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Teams that blistered their tires at this race.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

E60 M5 and tomc like this.
  11. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Strategist keeps job after Mercedes blunder

JULY 2, 2018

Mercedes' chief strategist will keep his job after a serious blunder during the Austrian grand prix.

Both Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas retired with technical problems on Sunday, handing a 1 point championship lead back to Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel.

But amid that, Mercedes strategist James Vowles admitted on the radio to Hamilton: "I have thrown away the win today. I'm sorry."

Team boss Toto Wolff called it the "most painful day" in his Mercedes career, but backed Vowles.

"He is one of the best," Wolff said.

"And it takes courage to admit in public that you made a mistake."

Mercedes' problems were a major boost to Vettel, but the German could have pulled out an even bigger points lead if Ferrari had moved Kimi Raikkonen aside.

But Wolff said: "We wouldn't have done that either, so I'm not surprised what Ferrari did.

"It's only July and so to use team tactics now would be too cruel," he added.

The big winner in Austria was Max Verstappen, who won in front of Red Bull's home crowd and seas of orange-shirt wearing Dutch supporters.

"Max gave the right answer to all of his critics from the past weeks," said Dr Helmut Marko.

However, the Red Bull official admitted that both Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo might now be too far behind to truly challenge for the title.

"We gave away too many points at the beginning of the season, but we don't know what penalties and other things are yet to come," Marko said.

"Maybe we have an outside chance."

12. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know a lot people simply dislike Lewis here for a ton of reasons... from the fact that he like to sing, hang out with supermodels, to the how he cuts his hair. I get it. But to be fair... he’s an aggressive competitor who wants to win. He’s not a passive aloof sportman like Phil Michelson.

He made a few comments on the radio but I didn’t see where he was whining and crying and blaming his team. If you want to be fair you can’t leave out his other comments where he was talking about “consoling” some of the team who were gutted about the strategy blunder. He talked about all the hard work the team does and how painful it is for everyone when stuff like this happens. I didn’t read any quotes about him blaming everyone... actually it was the opposite.

Let’s just be a little fair here. He had a **** day. I’d be more surprised if his reaction wasn’t a bit stern or upset. Competitors want to win. In the same vain, it was refreshing when Seb lost his **** a few times. To me, it shows they care and want to win.

kraftwerk, ricksb and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Nobody would have said anything if he comlained once or after the race...but he did not stop with that instead of concentrating on the remaining race. Obviously he was more busy whining in the team radio than taking care about his tires ruining them in a record time...It got so bad that obviously at Mercedes one thought the only way to stop that and get Lewis back to work was to do an open apology in the team radion and even that did not stop Lewis from going on.
    As said numerous times: you win as a team and you loose as a team but Lewis can´t let it go, just as with his engine failure he had in 2016. Keep in mind how many races a superior Mercedes won for him!
    It is not like he had a lot of bad luck this year so far...

stavura, ingegnere, NEP and 1 other person like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Chris, if this diva is not first or on the podium he whines and complains.....and is still complaining. :rolleyes:

“They should’ve brought the other tyre here, the same tyres we had in the last race,” said Hamilton after the race.

Asked if it was unusual to see tyres blistering, Hamilton said “it’s not unusual. When you make the wrong call, that’s what happens. They were supposed to bring the other tyre this weekend.”

“I was trying to overtake,” he said. “And that’s probably the problem with these tyres is you can’t stay in a race.

“I had the pace to put on a race and stay with them and be in the fight for the rest of the race and then the tyres don’t make it. In that circumstance, that’s robbed the fans of seeing more racing. But that is just the way it is.”

“These tyres aren’t good enough for us to be able to really race,” he added. “It’s a shame these tyres aren’t good enough that you can stay in the battle, you have blistering.”

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    To me the tires did not look too bad on the Ferraris and Max´RB... ;)

stavura, crinoid, 635CSI and 4 others like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. Over drive and you ruin tyres. Not rocket science, lewis.

17. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    All I'm saying is that it's easy to take the "in the moment" commentary and blanket a person with it as opposed to taking statements in whole. I read quite a lot about him being very supportive of the team and moving forward. I just don't see him as the Diva that many others do... well at least not any more of diva anyway.

ricksb likes this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It is easy to speak good about your team when you are winning and one might ask whether this is actually his mind or only phrases...But it shows how you deal with when things do not go right. And by experience he is not very supportive when his team made a mistake, be it in Monaco a few years ago, when he had a few reliability issues or now. I guess the team understood yesterday that he is not happy after the first or second radio call, no need to go on and on with this knowing that it will be on air for all to hear.
    If I would be responsible at Mercedes I would be sick about that. Whenever Lewis wins it is him and when they loose it is the team to blame. None of his fans mention that it is actually Mercedes giving him the opportunity to be where he is in the ranking. Would Lewis be a 4xWDC without them? No.
    So just as it is not OK for RB to throw Renault under the bus after all they achieved together it is not OK for any driver in this situation and I can not remember one of the "greats" he is always refered to doing the same, certainly not Schumacher f.e.

Lotaz, stavura, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  19. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Mercedes has almost always made the right strategy move. Rather difficult for Hamilton when it doesn't go the way it should.

It is difficult at times to be a fan of Ferrari because for one car it seems to be nearly every race they get it wrong, and for the other it seems one in three.

jgonzalesm6, Bas and 375+ like this.
  20. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris

I guess it's just all perspective, because I just don't read it that way. Like I've said many times before, I'm not a superfan of Lewis, I'm somewhat ambivalent about him actually, but I don't see him as any worse than any serious competitor.

However, Hamilton believes that the team will learn from this double disappointment, and that he has full confidence in his team.

“Everyone in the team is really feeling the pain today but I think you just have to look at it, we’ve had such great reliability for so many years and as painful as it is, and we are perfectionists, we really have to take the rough with the smooth,” the four-time World Champ continued.

“This is definitely the worst weekend for us I can remember for a long, long time. I have every confidence in my team that we’ll be able to bounce back.”
    I see that as pretty fair and supportive commentary. Anyway... I'm not here to defend Lewis or any other driver. Just an observation.

21. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    For a guy who loves the crowds and is always yapping it up with them after a race win, he didn't even give a wave after his DNF by the fencing when the fans surged towards him. I also understand he just lost out on the race, but not even a wave??

stavura, Bas and crinoid like this.
  22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And to me it sounds more like a press release than what he actually thinks/says....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Bas likes this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    In other news Kimi finished second and Vettel third ..ohh but we have more interesting stuff to pontificate about..:rolleyes:

24. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris

Fine, fine, fine! I didn't mean to start a whole Lewis is this or that or not that squabble.

25. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I did not care much for Phil early in his career, but now I like him a lot, probably because he is a passive aloof kind of guy.