Pista: Coupe or Aperta but not both? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista: Coupe or Aperta but not both?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by nice, Jul 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #26 Shadowfax, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Seems to have been the case..... Glad it's now changing, that way now I may have a chance one day at buying an Aperta even though I have a natural affinity for the coupe.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    100% that there are many people buying these cars to tell their friends and to get in line for the next one. I think the problem with this now is that Ferrari will produce many more cars than in the past so this game will be limited except for the hyper cars. I do know a couple people that drive their Aperta and Speciale regularly but they are the exception. Quite frankly I dont know how you can resist getting behind the wheel of these cars every chance you get. Our days are limited....

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd agree with all that. Esp that our days are limited.

09Scuderia likes this.
  4. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    My info could be wrong, but my dealer told me they have already given out their pista and pista aperta allocations. Obviously they are trying to get more but they already have a good idea of how many allocations they have to play with. I'm only getting the pista, not aperta material yet, maybe someday

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Push Jonathan a little harder. :)

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That must be a dealer thing. Take our dealer for example. They received a total of five F12 TDFs, mine and four others. I know those other four owners quite well and see all four in the respective hands of each owner. Yes, the other four pretty much buy everything offered so they are all offered the first pick of new cars but each of these other four enjoy their cars in their own enthusiastic way.

boobernackle likes this.
  7. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    I may have misunderstood but thought you said FNA said it's your choice but now you say Ferrari has final say? Not sure I follow, one is either on the factory list or not for Aperta. It's not an FNA decision. I'm sure you will decide correctly from this apparent choice.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Looks like the posers and whales are now relegated to their 458 SA's unless they can pick up a Pista A from a flipper.

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I much prefer the coupe and I’m thrilled to be getting one. I’m not interested in the Aperta, personally. It really has nothing to do with tracking the car (which I’ll never do) or rigidity. It has everything to do with looks. Coupes are just more beautiful and cleaner. Plus, in modern cars you have the benefit of the exposed engine. Yes, the Aperta will have greater investment upside, no question, but the coupe is right in my seeet spot. Plus, it will likely be well above MSRP for awhile, if that’s your motivation.

MuratC, nice and Shack like this.
  10. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Arp, it's going to be more than quick enough on and off the track

11. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Don't think a second. I have been accepted for the pista coupe and very happy about it. Go for aperta!

Sent from my HTC U11 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Take the swiss alps as well

Sent from my HTC U11 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I have been told the same. I think it makes sense to take the aperta - have you decided what you will do?

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Are you asking if we’ve heard the same or are you asking our opinion on which to go for?

If you’re in the enviable position to choose one or the other, it’s pretty simple. Which do you like better?

15. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    My dealer is on board and has given me the choice but he says the final decision for the aperta has to be approved by fna. He told me to keep the coupe build open while he works with fna to confirm the aperta. That’s what I was told. Take everything with a grain of salt from dealers but these guys have been solid on all other deals.

The point of the post was to see if others were told they can have one or the other but not both.

16. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    I’m torn and given fna still needs to accept dealer suggestion, I haven’t thought about it too much. Apparently dealer had a falling out with someone who was approved and I’m next on the list and of course dealer doesn’t want to loose the slot. For now I’m staying with the coupe but will make a final decision after fna gives me their blessings.

17. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    My info is a little different. First, it's not an FNA decision, it's the factory. Second, there are very,very few people who can have both. Customers are divided into categories according to points earned. The very top of the pyramid are eligible for both. The next tier must choose. The next tier only get the coupe and the next few tiers are not eligible for either. To get to choose requires years of ownership of many, many cars including LaF, TDF, challenge cars etc., and points earned for other things. This is what was surprising given this is only your third F car and only since 2016. Good for you

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

This is my understanding. I've broached this topic with my dealer and they know nothing of a "one or the other" mandate. They're uber top clients will have both, if that's what they want. But, there are very few of those clients worldwide. Think for example how few LaFerrari Buyers were also able to get the LaFerrari Aperta. That's the highest level of the food chain.

19. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    +1

20. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Can someone tell me where this Pista Aperta is supposed to be?
    It’s news to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It has not been revealed to the public yet. It is inevitable.

22. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    My dealer mentioned that they may unveil the car at pebble beach next month. Anyone else heard the same?

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I’ve heard similar rumors.

nice likes this.
  24. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The official Ferrari rally heading up to Pebble Beach before hand is themed as a celebration of Ferrari Spyders and heard a collection of classic Ferrari Spyders will be on display. So only makes sense.

25. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    As mentioned before, I’d purchase another lusso and an 812 to get to the aperta slot and I would have to pass on my coupe. I’ve already purchased 1 lusso to get the coupe slot. Let’s see what happens. I’ll update once I find out.