Renew Subscription | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Renew Subscription

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Glassman, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    I thought you were just doing it because...

MK1044 and rob lay like this.
  2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It got me too, oops.

3. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Just renewed my subscription as well.

4. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Pay pal... had to start all over to update card number
    All good now

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    You should send an email or PM not just leave people hanging not guessing WTF and no way of searching unless finding this particular forum.
    Dont treat us like schmucks.

sct4a likes this.
  6. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    +1. Seriously. Very screwed up and a total scum bag move. You treat a bunch of loyal members like dead beats who don't pay their bills and immediately cut them off when its your screw up.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Perhaps you missed the part where Members whose subscriptions had expired over last 9 months after changeover actually got that Gratis.

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

8. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Perhaps they did miss that, but the fact remains that there was another way to handle this situation. Why not post a stickied thread in all of the subscribed forums announcing that a software bug had allowed many accounts to continue beyond their expiration dates, and those members would lose their premium access in 24 hours until they were renewed? I think that would have gone over better than cutting all of those accounts off out of the blue.

Just my two cents.

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I don’t understand the harsh comments , what’s the big deal ? So it shut us down , we renewed , probably received a few months free and people are bitching about how it was done ? Really ? What am I missing here ? Some business owners would backcharge and at that point I would have been disappointed even though they would have that right. So in the big scheme of life which is so short anyway I think complaining about something like this is absurd. How it was done can’t possibly be that important. Take a deep breath and enjoy life as it’s so precious. Best , Kirk.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #1 we did mess up to the point development ran this script without giving us a heads up, I already gave them a spanking for that.

#2 I immediately requested we email all users effected with a note, but they were unable to send that until today.

#3 Most users figure out if the subscription perms go away, then you need to resubscribe. We have NEVER had notification system, it has always been when subscription over, then just go resubscribe. I have requested for future that development create a script that does notify users a week ahead, but that would be the first time in 15 years.

#4 As already mentioned all those users had subscription permissions for free and of course I'm not going to ask for that money back.

#5 A user can always contact us or could have checked their paypal to see last time they paid and status of subscription. Out of 1,400 users impacted, there was only 1 user that figured out they were getting a free ride and told us about it.

#6 sct4a and LightGuy's comments were WAY out of line as they were receiving something for free and evidently didn't read all of the thread. They are taking some time off to think about if they can be a little more positive about their participation in this community.

gh0st0 and Cigarzman like this.
  11. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Score! Free stuff and I didn't even realize it. :)

If I go with Rossa is my business website link an acceptable signature?

MalcQV likes this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No, Rossa isn't commercial. Regional and Classified Subscriptions are first level of Commercial. Artists can follow the rules in Silver, I think it is one artist thread? You shouldn't even technically have your link on profile.

13. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    rob lay likes this.
  14. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Got the email and renewed. Here I thought that after 14 years I had reached "emeritus" status and there was no longer a charge....;)

rob lay likes this.
  15. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    sigh, but I do understand that this is another of those owner perks, like not following established rules regarding civil discourse when things aren't going your way.

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    it hasn't been easy keeping this community in order 18 years, it isn't supposed to be a popular job for me, there are plenty of examples what happens when you run communities with a soft hand. most of those barely exist anymore when the inmates take over the prison.

17. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I think I’ll pass on renewing my Silver Subscription as not having access to Politics and Religion and it’s hateful selfish posts have given me hope for America.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    LOL, I hear you on that. You know you can have just P&R removed? Still get benefits of other forums, no network ads, and classifieds.

19. fjb

fjb Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2006
    Full Name:
    UNK
  20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Haven't you always seen ads on the app? Or are they the annoying redirect ones?

21. fjb

fjb Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2006
    Full Name:
    UNK
    The full page on app open were new but has now appears resolved. Possible the other small adds existed but didn't notice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ok, the full page redirect ones aren't supposed to be there, they are malicious ads that sneak through on the networks. the networks take them down as soon as they can.

fjb likes this.
  23. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Can I have another month for free?

24. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor

rob lay and wax like this.
  25. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Me too. I did start to wonder if I'd missed something as I was sure I had passed my subscription time. All done now. Thanks for the Freebie Rob :D

rob lay likes this.