Urraco thread | Page 69 | FerrariChat

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    I asked them in the past for the VIN's of the jalpas they had for sale, no Problem. If you are a fair dealer you have no Problem with telling the VIN to an Interest.
    The yellow one has several Locations where rust Comes through the paint on the Chassis, knowing that Urracos had no rust prevention and having owned a completely rusted P300 I can tell that there is much more than you can see on Pictures.

In all circumstances visit the cars before even thinking of buying one, take someone with you who has experience in car Restauration, you can easily end up with another 50K to perform a ground up Chassis resto.

From this Point of view the jalpa is the much more confident buy, unless you buy one which was stored in extreme humid area they don't rust.

2. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    The value of any Urraco is inversely proportional to the quantity of rust...

P5BNij likes this.
  3. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Thank you guys. Yes, it is the absence of the US mandated (large rear) bumpers that suggested to me that both cars were Euro-spec cars. The US federalized (large rear) bumpers “destroy” the design of the Urraco so much that in my opinion that they are deal-breakers for me; not to mention the strangled p111 (engine) of the US spec cars. In any case I still prefer the all steel front bumper of the white car over the rubber/plastic front bumper of the yellow. How/when/why did the (front) bumpers change? Again from reading this forum I know the rear badge and the “chunky” seats are signs that the yellow car is one of the earlier (older) examples. I am considering going to LA to see both cars, and will certainly bring along someone who is very familiar w/ them. Any suggestions as to whom? Driven Exotics has been highly recommended here, but they are closer to NorCal than SoCal. Bobileff Motors is much closer but doesn’t seem to be as highly regarded as Driven Exotics. Thanks again for your input Malcolm and P300V8!!

Temple

4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Well the white one is already gone (just sold today!!) BHCC had it for only a week or so. Martin the VIN#s are as follows, would love to know what info the VIN#s reveal. Thanks again for your help/assistance.

VIN# 15610 White ‘74
    VIN# 15072 Yellow ‘73

5. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    ***** excuse me RaymondQV re VIN #s

6. kc023515

kc023515 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Kevin Crauwels
    #15072 was originally to a customer in Italy. The car remained in Italy until 2015.
    #15610 was originally a Canadian car. Car was auctioned in Vancouver in 1996

7. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Thank you Kevin!! Any info on the original color (exterior) or other options (interior trim)?

Temple

9. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
  10. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Just for fun Raymond, for this one fire yes, but also salt water rain near ocean, the fire remove the paint but the water with salt made incredible damage.

11. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    they sold a nice burgundy rear badge car too recently. a collector named russ in Oklahoma use to own the car as i recall .

12. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Yes, I remember that car too. Yes, it was quite recent (February/March). Someone even posted about it here too. That’s 3(!!) Urraco’s that BHCC has had in their inventory in the last 6 months- quite remarkable I think.

Temple

13. kc023515

kc023515 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Kevin Crauwels
    #15072 was bianco / nero
    #15610 was blue notte medio / senape

14. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    howdy kevin

yellow here in italy and white here in vancouver...

Attached Files:

15. Martinkdf

Martinkdf Karting

Jan 18, 2015
    Germany
  16. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    10000 ? did you rebuild it your self or does that include labor?

17. Martinkdf

Martinkdf Karting

Jan 18, 2015
    Germany
    Hei, I spent 2000 Eur for some machining of heads and the water pump. The rest of the work I did myself.

My question meant what for hell costs 17.000 USD for an engine out service? The engine is pulled in less than two hours and after the engine stands in front of you, it is perfectly fine to work on it.

Or was it an (partly) overhaul? It would be interesting to know what has been done on it.

Martin

hyenahf likes this.
  18. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  19. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
  20. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    This is the orange pre-production car that crashed whilst returning from Monaco and was rebuilt as the yellow car, ultimately becoming the crash test car. The other pre-production car, initially white then silver, became Urraco Bob.

21. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Thanks for clarifying Ivor.

22. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    oddly enough the rebuilt yellow pre-production car shown at the britsh motorshow had RHD wiper placements?

BRAVO-V8 likes this.
  23. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Correct. Earls Court 1971 plus flamingos..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

P5BNij likes this.
  24. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    luv the flamingo... the birds are a nice touch as well :) ive never seen any color pics of earls court 71 ?

25. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Also for me it's a mystery, it will be interresting to know what was the dammage on the orange car and also to have a calendar with all the view that we have from the pre-production cars.