FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dropping from 1st to 3rd is racing or 1st to 2nd. I'm talking about getting knocked out of a race. We just watched Seb knock himself out due to driver error. A few weeks ago we saw Lewis get knocked out by mechanical failure. Not finishing a race or not finishing in the points is something I noticed Seb has down twice due to driver error (2nd to 7th recently after blowing a restart after a safety car?). I saw Lewis lose a few races because of bad timing of the safety car but it wasn't driver error. Just looking at both drivers and noticing that Seb has had more problems with his driving... trying too hard?

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I agree with all except that Winnie Harlow is hot with or without a skin condition. :)

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Lots of doom and gloom here. The season is only half over - fortunes turn quickly as we've seen in just the last two races. This board is funny sometimes.

On that note - why are people ragging on Vettel for making a mistake on a wet part of the track while on racing slicks? Didn't Leclerc spin his car around on a wet part of the track with 0 pressure on him? Guess he's a loser too and we don't need his type either?

Look I'm as disappointed as anyone here that Ferrari didn't bring home the 1-2 like we want. It was an exciting race for once (well the last half was) after a string of snoozers. Lots more to go for 2018, and Ferrari has shown their car has the potential to bring it all home this year. I can't remember the last time that was true. I'm actually looking forward to watching the rest of the season which, again, hasn't happened for a long time now.

NEP, 375+, jgonzalesm6 and 7 others like this.
  5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Lewis drove a brilliant race, his team made good calls and employed good strategy, and they got lucky (and maybe a bit of rope-a-dope with his sulky behavior yesterday, too). Seb and his team also did well, but wasn't as lucky, and you can certainly call his crash an error. But that's racing. Lewis and his team had a bad race at Silverstone, which was almost the opposite of today. The Scuderia will come back. This is an interesting season, and for once, Ferrari really does have a chance at winning it all.

cig1 likes this.
  6. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Vettel cocked that one up. I thought beforehand that Hamilton can't win it BUT Vettel could throw it away. Shame.

Jakuzzi and william like this.
  7. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    My problem isn’t with the racing or Seb making an unforced error, by the way he had pulled a 9.1 sec gap prior to his off in the same track condition, that is racing and its risk, my problem is with the inconsistency of the FIA and stewards rulings on incidents and how one can say someone is in clear violation then give a page long response on how not to give a penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have a feeling FIA aren’t done helping Hammy/MB this season.

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    This forum has the tendency to over-react...

Neither did Vettel "crack under pressure" making the WDC already a done deal, he simply made a normal drivers mistake that is certainly costy but not the end....

Nore did Lewis the "billiant recovery" making him the favorite automatically. One should not forget that both in Silverstone and here he was also helped by the safety car, he neither overtook a Ferrari nore a RB on track as far as I remember. One has to give him credit to drive a race without mistakes but he once again only overtook midfielder and backmarkers and once again he even lost places at the start. Lewis always seems to have luck in unfortunate situations and this is nothing one can rely on for the future. There are still a lot of races ahead and we saw lately that Ferrari could beat Mercedes on own merit rather than waiting on the mistakes of the three-pointed star. Certainly the 25 points lost hurt but a single DNF for some reasons of Lewis or 3 wins for Seb and he will lead again. Both is possible. Unlike last year Ferrari has the pace, last year they had to rely on Mercedes screwing up whereas they can rely on themselves this year.

The only real conclusion of the race are: Toto has shown the true face of Mercedes concering team order and the FIA will not do anything against Lewis/Mercedes anytime soon.

NEP, 375+, Bas and 4 others like this.
  10. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Maybe so......I have no idea of Vettel's history of performance driving a wet track. However I did witness Seb win his very first F1 race at Monza while driving in the rain. He was with Red Bull at the time. He was impressive that day!

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Seb chokes and plants the car during the run for an easy win.

FIA continue to show naked disdain for F1 fans with their cross-eyed officiating. The sport is run by feckless children.

12. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Actually, Toro Rosso . . . but yeah, that was a very impressive drive in constant rain. However, it's the dry-wet-dry conditions and wet here and dry there situations that are more difficult. That was the case today at Hockenheim.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  13. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Jakuzzi, Etcetera and tifoso2728 like this.
  14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Great drive from Lewis, this will go down as one of his greatest races.

15. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Vettel proved that F-1 is a white knuckles sport. He is a great driver and one minor mistake cost the race and points.

Lewis drove great, but team orders gave him the win. Bottas was faster.

16. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I seemed to remember a certain Vettle begging the team to order Kimi to let him through. No such actions from Hamilton...

17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    In these circumstances, team orders are understandable.

Hamilton is the lead driver at Merc, and in the hunt for the title, just like Vettel is at Ferrari.

Bottas is the tail gunner protecting his back, and Raikkonen does the same at the Scuderia.

Teams that don't have team orders and let their drivers to battle it out are not in the chase for the title.

cig1, ATBNM3 and TC16 like this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

And apparently Vettel sobbed in his microphone after he crashed at Hockenheim.

So, it seems that even tough German drivers can have emotional outbursts , and not only British "ballerinas"

cig1, ATBNM3 and fer312t like this.
  19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Judging by the amount of "bleeps" I heard, that sobbing was generously laced with multi-lingual profanity.:p:p:p

Jakuzzi, ATBNM3 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I don't think it was sobbing William but more so just disgusted with himself...he hit the steering numerous times.....along with the profanity.

Jakuzzi and tifoso2728 like this.
  21. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes and remember how strong Seb looked in the first half of 2017. :eek:

Jakuzzi and ATBNM3 like this.
  22. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto

One would have to be incredibly pragmatic not to show any emotion given the circumstance . I feel for Vettel but he will get over it , he is a pro

NEP and Jakuzzi like this.
  23. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This what kicking yourself in the nuts looks like.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  24. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    At least he admits when makes a mistake, others................. :)

25. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    So, you are over 21............ :)