Looking for info on Karting Setups | FerrariChat

Looking for info on Karting Setups

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by V12 Speciale, Jun 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Hey Everyone.

Ive been karting for over a year know but I really want to learn how Kart Setups work. When to change Camber/Castor, tire pressure, ackerman, ride height etc. Also what it means when a kit is doing **fill in the blank**

If anyone could recommend a good book, website or anything that could teach me karting set ups I would appreciate it.

2. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

I do not have the answer you want.... I would suggest going to a track you know well and try different things..... but only one at a time so that you can understand what things do. Key thing is taking lots of notes, so that you do not get confused.

I find reading only takes you so far, the real learning happens by doing. It is hard to explain driving feeling with words and what someone likes, others do not.

3. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
  4. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    thanks fellas. That CRG manual is amazing

5. Ben111

Ben111 Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ben
    CRG is a quick chassis although perhaps the most difficult to get the setup working spot on.

Ive had Tonykarts, Birels and energys.