Double Checking Paint Code For Yellow Calipers | FerrariChat

Double Checking Paint Code For Yellow Calipers

Discussion in '360/430' started by NexLevel, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NexLevel

NexLevel Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Greg Thomas
    Hey guys,

I'm ordering some G2 calliper paint and I gave them the PPG 84028 code and they didn't recognize it. Using this link: Giallo Modena looks like has a color code of 4305.

According to that page though, the Giallo Modena looks orange to me and not yellow. G2 also looks like they have a custom mixed color for 4305 here but it also looks orange. However, if you search for just the color 4305 on google, it comes out to be bright yellow.

Just double checking with you guys that this is indeed the right color.

2. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    All I can say is good luck! I tried G2 and imho it sucked. I had my calipers perfectly cleaned and trying to brush that stuff on in even coats and you only have so much time to get it done before in hardens.

Vht yellow spray can worked really well for me. It took several weeks to get it done right. I don't remember the exact time but it was like 5-7 days before you could reapply, to let the paint cure. I even called and they explained why. So that is what I did. On the last coat I applied my sticker and then backed them.

I get lot's of compliments. But now I would spend the money and have them powder coated.

3. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
  4. NexLevel

NexLevel Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Greg Thomas
    Really? Looked around and heard nothing but good things about g2. What kind of problem did you have?

5. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    I’ve seen so many different yellow calipers and none seem to match the other (unless from the same car).
    Companies who claim they have the correct yellow shade fail even.

Best way I recon is to take the old and beaten calipers and have them checked in a spectrum analyzer to get the correct shade.

6. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I had brush strokes, runs and it just seemed like a big mess and they started hardening.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips