MAGNUM'S BACK IN A 308! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

MAGNUM'S BACK IN A 308!

Discussion in '308/328' started by wildcat326, May 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Agree, I think they did the correct thing: starting with the old 308 and then going on with a new car.

The 308 GTS is 40 years old today: it's a vintage car (still very pleasant to drive), but not suited for chasing down criminals.

ciao

vaccarella likes this.
  2. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    As much as I would like to see it give the car prices a boost I don’t see it happening.
    The original iconic series hasn’t
    Back to the Future hasn’t done anything for Delorean prices....or maybe it has??
    Dukes of Hazards for the Charger
    Etc etc

3. FrannyB

FrannyB Formula Junior

May 20, 2014
    Arvada, CO
    Ouch! So they destroyed two Ferraris? In the first show alone? I hope they didn't crash the 500D! (only saw the trailer). Tell me that was CGI on the 308, please! On that still just before it is being hit the wheels are both a blur, yet it doesn't move forward at all in the next frame... But those interior side bits look authentic. On the 458 Spider those bullet holes in the front look like they tore through steel, but that front bumper wouldn't be steel... Hmmm... Maybe they found a crashed car for the final scene? Oh the humanity!

4. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Pretty much everything is CGI nowadays, there’s no reason to stage an actual crash and chance whether it goes right or wrong anymore than write the script on paper with a typewriter.

FrannyB likes this.
  5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I remember it I always preferred that opening.

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  7. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    \
    no way I watch, a joke to me,

8. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    OK, so is anyone getting together to watch the first show? I'd be interested if it were in Santa Barbara or Ventura County.

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What’s the date for the first show?

10. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    First episode is being aired 24 September. 2100 EST, check your local programming for exact times.
    I will give it a try. They are filming the show on Oahu but do not know if the use CA for additional shots.
    A lot of people did not give the new Hawaii Five-0 a chance and it has been on the air for some time now. Yes, I know some of the writing is far fetched on that show but I mainly watch it for the scenery (I used to live there and we go back on vacation).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

miketuason likes this.
  11. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Looking forward to watching. I'll wait to judge it after viewing. It's good that they showed the 308, but they couldn't use it, to slow to catch the bad guys these days. My 308 gets a lot of attention, I can't possibly count the times I've heard "Magnum PI". I also noticed how many young children recognise it as a Ferrari from a distance.

12. jferazzi

jferazzi Karting

Sep 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CBS is really hyping the new Magnum. I’ve seen countless promos... As I stated in a previous post, I think it’s going to be horrible. But I have to say, I’m enjoying seeing the 308 so prominently featured in all the ads! And the new show will have one advantage over the old one: a chance to see the 308 on tv in all its high def glory!

Rosey likes this.
  13. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    We will probably see the 308 in the first episode only since it looks like during the first episode the 308 will get destroyed... unless we can have one of our fchat members join the show and ‘restore’ it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's a common Hollywood theme, they pulled the old Aston Martin DB5 out for "Skyfall" and completely destroyed it. Perhaps the meaning is we must let go of the past and plod on into the future and apparently the only way to do that, in Hollywood at least, is to completely and violently destroy the symbol of that past. Don't blame them though, the fact is we all love seeing stuff getting blown up. Of course this requires us to detach ourselves from reality and give them some artistic license to make the scene work because, if my life depended on it I'm pretty sure I could outrun a Unimog full of gun wielding terrorists on a mountain road in my 308. :rolleyes:

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I can only take so much of Magnum's flying thru the air doing physically impossible feats like some Marvel superhero production at the theater.

I expect it out of Captain America, but not this.

Rosey likes this.
  16. djohnson63

djohnson63 Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Darren
    I am actually looking forward to watching! My expectations are low but I hope it does well because I am just a little tired of watching the old shows and Magnum PI is tops on my list of great shows!

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    but they rebuilt the DB5 for Bond to drive off with his girl at the end of the next movie.

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    One of the promo's I saw showed a later model F-car being destroyed. Another implied "three Ferrari's".

Be pretty cool if the 308 is resurrected for however long the show makes it.

19. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    The promo I saw definitely showed the 308 being destroyed, so unless they restore jigsaw puzzles it will last no more than a cameo in Episode 1. Unless of course they showed more than episode 1 in the promo.

20. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah, this is another one.

I'm guessing, though, that the 308 is only in the first episode.

21. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Perhaps it's all in a "dream sequence". :) :)

22. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    You mean J.R. didn't die? ;)

Rosey and G. Pepper like this.
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    "Who shot J.R.?" lol

24. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This show will be terrible and I look forward to watching it to see the 308. :)

Back'n'Black likes this.
  25. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I watched Hawaii-Five-O just to see Grace Park.

G. Pepper likes this.