Can someone with an ODB reader check lambda sensor voltage? | FerrariChat

Can someone with an ODB reader check lambda sensor voltage?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Sep 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Still chasing down HV issue, my front lambda is reading 1.5V with engine off and idle. Just checking to see if this is normal for that type of sensor. Haven't been able to get a clear answer on this FYI I have a 99 360

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

not sure what u are asking
    are u asking for a reading in the scanner?

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yeah, live data with the motor off and idle

4. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Yes but make sure you have one that can read 2 ecus. Both Torque and OBD Facile can show real time data. I think my new MultiECUScan can do it too for Alfas and Fiats. I want to test it on my Ferrari soon. I used OBD Facile to swap an O2 sensor and Exhaust ECUs on my 360.

5. BigBo$$

BigBo$$ Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gotti
    i think his question is what is the normal reading for the sensor, my scantool being a Foxwell NT510 has that data for what ferrari 360 is meant to be and tells you that your 02 lambda sensor is with in range or out, but not such a great tool as you do need to go through many menus to get to each side bank, then back out of all menus to get to the other sides 02 sensor reading , then figure out which ones reading correctly :(

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    One of my readers is a Foxwell NT510. If you have one, if you wouldn't mind pulling up the voltage at rest...another thread suggested it may just be bias voltage but was never able to confirm. Trying to rule out any electrical issues...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BigBo$$ likes this.
  7. BigBo$$

BigBo$$ Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gotti
    hey bud i got a whole lot of screen shots not sure what your going to make of them, how long have you had your scantool ? I thought if the numbers are in blue that meant they were off the ferrari data limits uploaded in the tool correct? also did you want me to post them all here or email?

8. BigBo$$

BigBo$$ Rookie

Aug 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gotti
  9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i can do that , u have to wait
    im in a concentration camp doing hard labor now

RedNeck and BigBo$$ like this.
  10. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Thanks, tried blowing it up, couldn't make out a whole lot, looked like there was one in there with lambda sensor voltage and timing at "0"...that's the main one I'd be interested in seeing. I've had the Foxwell for maybe a year or so, haven't really noticed color changes, will hit up the manual and see what it says...

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    THANK YOU!! So my readings are normal, which (I think) verifies that I am still chasing a fuel or vacuum issue....

12. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

whats ur 360s problem?

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    P0152/P0132 codes even after changing all intake gaskets, coils, injectors, etc.

14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

crap. next step is to check compression and leak down.