Maserati Spyder | FerrariChat

Maserati Spyder

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 97diablo, Sep 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    Looking for some help. I am not familiar with any of the Maserati's. I'm a Lamborghini guy.
    I recently bought out an older gentlemans collection including a 2004 Maserati Spyder. I have it for sale in the classified section under other cars. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little background on this model?
    The one I have is a V8, not sure if that's standard? Are they good cars? Is there anything to look out for? Mine has 28 or 29 thousand miles. Any info is appreciated. I'm asking $18,500 for the car. I think that is way under book value? Thanks

2. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    V8 is standard. Is it a manual transmission or paddles? $18,500 could be under market, depending on condition, maintenance history etc. I would put an add together listing all options, and what you can tell about the service records, and post it on Maserati Life

3. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    Thank you for your post.

It's paddle shift. Brand new trans was installed not to many miles ago, I have receipt. Very nice car. Worst part of the car are the knobs on the dash that control the heat and air and radio. The gummy rubber crap someone cleaned off. Looks not good.

Thanks again.

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Those can be restored. There are couple of members here who do that as a business. That will really help your resale value. Ferraris of the same era did it as well. My 99 Suburban has a headlight switch that's like Playdoh now.

5. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Clutch life, heater core, top (small holes in top above side widows)