F430 NA to Turbo conversion | FerrariChat

F430 NA to Turbo conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by sleepinglh, Sep 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    Can someone please link me the F430 ECU diagram for booth banks? Thanks in advance!
    I saved a copy of the PDF somewhere on my PC and I forgot where I saved it and cant seem to find it again online.
    I have 2 spare ECUs laying around from my old car project.... MegaSquirt PNP and AEM FIC8
    Decided to use the AEM as its a piggyback so the stock ECUs will do its work as usual.
    This is just the initial test phase for everything.
    So I've decided to use the following
    • 2 x t3/t04e turbos (Support max 840hp)
    • standalone turbo oiling system with its own drain sump and pump.
    • HKS SSQV
    • Tial MVI 2.5 internal wastegate with 2psi springs.
    • Stock injectors - will upgrade to 800cc/min with flex fuel capability
    • No intercooler - only 2psi but will eventually install a water to air intercooler as I push boost up to 7psi which is my final goal.
    • Stock air intake box - left and right cover will be switched around and have the pipes pointed backward directly connected to turbo intakes and the other half will be cut out to make room to run the charge pipes, turbos to the MAFs.

The stock injectors will easily max out on stock injectors so to keep things safe and reliable it will heavily depend on ignition timing retard.
    I'll post a few pictures as I go when I get the time to work on it.

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Why piggyback? Why not just fit larger injectors and remap existing ECU?

360HB likes this.
  3. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    piggyback is so I can retard timing and tap into factory wideband O2 for monitoring as I have zero experience remapping factory ECU
    spoke to a few of my local tuners and they aren't keen on tuning the F430 either....
    so I'll see how things go first
    Originally I wanted to purchase fuel and ECU from Underground Racing but they told me no mail orders.

4. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Why not get someone like Haltech to do a standalone ECU and harness. Much safer then piggyback. And easily tunable for future changes.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    I emailed Haltech and Motec with no luck non of them had a base map for F430 so it has to be done by a local tuner and I dont really like the idea of it. With my last project I spent months tuning cold starts and throttle enrichment in the morning and late night when ambient temp is cold also utilized earphones plugged into J&S interceptor knock controller.... its just not worth it. But spending months fine tuning stand alone like Underground racing is a different story when they make a living out of it.
    So I'd like to try piggyback for the first time.

6. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    a little update.... removed the stock air filter box and bolted on 2 x carbon inline filters.
    making room for my turbo installation and fabricated some temporary aluminum for the coolant reservoir.
    [​IMG]

7. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Awesome. Looks like quite the project. Keep the updates coming!

You evidently have some experience turbocharging cars. Any previous projects you wanna share?

8. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    750cc injectors on stock ECU :D

9. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Keep them pics coming

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Nero_Tenebre

Nero_Tenebre Rookie

Apr 28, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Nero
    Is it worth doing this for only 2psi of boost? Glad you are, interested to see results but just wondering why 7psi wouldn’t be considered conservative. I know these motors are usually higher compression but they should be plenty stout if they’re anything like the lambo V10 UGR has thrown a ton of boost towards with success.

11. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    2 psi of boost seems too little for me to go through all this trouble...

A good example of a turbo V8 engine is the Lotus Esprit V8 which operates at about 11 psi (0.75 bar ) without Intercooler, but the compression ratio is only 9.0