Anyone have experience with the F430 factory sport exhaust? Tubi headers? | FerrariChat

Anyone have experience with the F430 factory sport exhaust? Tubi headers?

Discussion in '360/430' started by eagleye49, Aug 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eagleye49

eagleye49 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #1 eagleye49, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Living in California, my options regarding exhaust modifications are limited. Any modification from stock is grounds for failing the semi-annual smog check. The factory 430 sport exhaust would not violate smog laws, but I wonder if anyone has used one and has any comments. I will also be contemplating the dreaded exhaust header replacement one of these days, and wonder if the new Tubi headers with the integral heat shields (that appear stock) are on anyone's car at this point. Thanks to all!

2. Kev

Kev Rookie

Jun 1, 2015
    #2 Kev, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When I purchased my F430 it was fitted with standard headers and cats and a Capristo Twin Sound muffler, with remote control for the valves. Primarily to avoid engine damage, I fitted Capristo headers and retained the standard cats. Fabspeed O2 extenders have reduced but not entirely eliminated appearance of the dreaded CEL and I will eventually install the Fabspeed mini cats to see if I can permanently eliminate activation of the CEL.
    The increase in noise volume with valves closed was awesome - for the first day or two... Then my significant other half frequently refused to ride in the car, especially when I had the top down, because she said it was too loud. After a couple of months I (reluctantly!) had to agree with her and began to research options that would retain the Capristo headers and reduce the sound level with valves closed and the last thing I wanted to do was reinstall the factory muffler. Eventually I decided to try the factory sports exhaust and couldn't be happier! The sound level with valves closed is quite acceptable now, the exhaust note at low rpm is still recognisable as a Ferrari V8 and a significant bonus is the reduction in temperature in the engine bay. I used an infrared thermometer to read surface temperature on the mufflers and they are so well insulated, that they operate at a fraction of the temperature that the Capristo, or standard muffler reaches.
    IMHO certainly worth considering.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Kev

Kev Rookie

Jun 1, 2015
    #3 Kev, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can you comment on difference in sound?

5. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    I’ve got the Tubi/Ferrari Exhaust and fabspeed headers. Sounds amazing

6. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    very cool looking set up,

try moving the 02 sensor aft of the main cat

you will need to weld in an 02 port, see summit racing catalog or similar.