Hex head screws | FerrariChat

Hex head screws

Discussion in '360/430' started by AAAALLL, Nov 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AAAALLL

AAAALLL Rookie

Mar 26, 2018
    I just purchased the dead pedal from Racambi for my 430. Unfortunately it came with ugly philipe head screws. For $200 they could have at least used nice hex heads....rrrrrr!
    Anyway, does anyone have a lead on where I may purchase counter sunk hex heads?

2. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Try McMaster Carr and do a search for Allen head screws or hex drive screws. Plenty to choose from

3. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Ace Hardware or Lowe's

4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Remember they are probably metric. Seems like a no brain-er but I have in the past got so wrapped up in my search for the ultimate fastener-- I overlooked that :oops:

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  6. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    You can find stainless steel countersink screws with the hex head socket at Lowe's and Home Depot. I bought the same Hill Engineering dead pedal afrom Ricambi and that's where I got my screws. In fact, I bought a container of them... So I could probably send some to you.

Attached Files:

7. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I did the same as Dale when I installed my HE dead pedal.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not everyone on the planet has metric hex keys in their toolbox. EVERYONE has a phillips head screwdriver. Remember, function over form. If you're selling something to the public, you want them all to be able to use it without having to buy new tools for something this simple.

As to the original question? McMaster-Carr is really good, but when it's metric http://www.metricmcc.com/ metric multi-standard company is my go to.

D

9. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I don't know, it's a pretty common tool to have since about the 1980's. If you have a Phillips screwdriver, chances are you have a set of metric Allen keys. And if you don't have a set of metric Allen Keys, then maybe you shouldn't be installing a dead pedal, LOL

Mimmo Blue and Flea7 like this.
  10. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Not if you are Apple Computer. They require special screw drivers to work on their machines! :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I believe this topic has come up a few times. If it was a product we offered, I'd be listening to this and would start including BOTH types in the package so the customer would have options. I also think it's reasonable to assume people own metric Allen keys but to your point Dave, including one with the product would cost less than a dollar.

HE makes good stuff though.