Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Nov 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    58.0%
  1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Darken our doors?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wanna bet?

Fair warning: I have won many bets on here. :)

I was right on MS, Alonso and Seb becoming the "next Senna" as in multiple WDC. I say the same about Max.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Darken our doors is a very common English term, you may not be familiar with it, but people refer to someone visiting ‘they are darkening our doors’ referring, I suspect to blocking the light as they enter through a door. My father will often warn us ‘don’t mess up your tax, you don’t want the taxman darkening the door/doorway’

I’m almost certain you weren’t wondering in order to get my answer though, I suspect the word darken was repeated to try to prove a point? If it was, I’m afraid you are very very wide of the mark, especially as my family is very dark skinned itself what with some from sicily, Portuguese/Indians from Poona, and various other ethnicities represented!

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Nortonious likes this.
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Forgot to mention: I was also right about Hamilton and won that bet as well.

But to be fair I was also wrong a few times. Most in-famously about MB never being competitive. Still have crow feathers in my mouth from that one. Rightfully so.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think Verstappen has a long way to go before he becomes WDC.
    Mentally, he is far from being the full article, IMO.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    In a heartbeat. He's the best driver out there right now and will no doubt remain so for the next few years. Wish it could happen.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  7. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    I don't just want him to drive for Ferrari, I desperately hope he does before retiring. If I was religious I'd pray for it. Nothing would make me happier. He doesn't just win in superior machinery. Ferrari had the faster, superior and better on tires car for probably 2/3's of this year but the team, and to a greater extent the driver threw it all away. Hamilton keeps his head down and works. He doesn't leave places or points on the table, he closes the deal week in week out. IF and when he has an off weekend he still brings the car home in the points and he's always in a position to take advantage if others screw up. That's called making your own luck. He's a far better all-round driver than he was in his first 3-4 years. He is the consummate pro on track.

Also, and this may cause heads to explode, I think he's perfect for Ferrari's image. Now now, please don't lynch me. He's in the public eye, at fashion shows, movie premiers (and cameo's), major sporting events and popular magazines. He's the first drive in decades to truly transcend the sport. People used to love drivers for being human and having a life outside of F1. James hunt and Barry Sheene were almost a professional partiers, the late Jochen Rindt was supposedly planning on using his fame as WDC to start a fashion company with his model wife. Hell, Graham Hill was always on TV in the late 60's and early 70's, he was almost a TV personality in his own right. Moss was famous for partying and chasing 'crumpet'. And, to be honest, many of the people I see driving new Ferrari's seem to be more in his fashion/style mindset.

I'm 100% convinced that if Seb had been at Merc and Lewis at Ferrari for the last two years LCH would still be a five time champ and Seb still on 'only' four.

m5shiv, ktu, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    It would be cool just for a change of scenery but i can't see it , why would he and why would Ferrari go after him , they have their future star in Leclerc , he is the real deal.

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Here again, too much expectation on Young shoulders, with the risk it could not go to plan.

We will see, but I welcome these prediction with some caution.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I have mentioned these many times:
    1) Piero Ferrari said in an interview that he would love to see Lewis driving for the Scuderia
    2) In my opinion, Hamilton & Vettel could reach an agreement to swap seats in 2020: Ferrari gets the best driver in the world, Mercedes gets a German driver: WIN-WIN situation.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I was Under the assumption that Piero Ferrari didn't have much power at Ferrari, and none at all at the Scuderia.
    So this could be only wishful thinking on his part.

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    1) Piero has as much say in who ferrari hire as I do.... ie none
    2) let’s keep Vettel, or get a driver that would be better than him, maybe a more mature Maxine in a year or so, or go beg forgiveness from Danni Ric and get him in.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

No thanks.
    The Ferrari future is bright.
    Le Clerc and Vettel is a strong line up.

Le Clerc won't be a Bottas

stavura, daytona355 and fil like this.
  14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

15. Adrian Thompson

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    No, but Seb might be.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Ricciardo would be awesome driving for Ferrari. He might well enjoy the improved reliability! I was surprised he signed for Renault.

All the best,
    Andrew.

ATBNM3 and stavura like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It has been said that Ricciardo approached Ferrari around June or July when he was making up his mind about leaving Red Bull?
    Rumours then were that Ferrari wanted to replace Kimi for 2019, and there was a chance to get a seat.
    But whatever was said, Ferrari didn't respond by showing any interest in him. I find that strange.
    I think Ricciardo was courted later by McLaren, desperate to replace Alonso by an experienced driver, but Daniel wasn' interested.
    The deal with Renault came out of the blue. I hope for his sake that Ricciardo didn't make a mistake.

ATBNM3 and NeuroBeaker like this.
  18. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    wasn't Kimi's departure tied to Sergio Marchionne's desire for Leclerc to have a seat?

daytona355 likes this.
  19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I love Kimi but it was smart of Ferrari to put Leclerc in - Seems like a nice lad

ATBNM3 and Nortonious like this.
  20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I agree with Adrian completely. Hamilton in the Red car is Ferraris road to a constructor's championship. I think the Ricardo's signing with Renault means that he knows his chances have come and gone, and now he is ready to accept being another Hulkenburg...driving for a lower level factory team for as many years as he can drag out of it. Leclerc could prove great...and he could prove to be just one of the best of the mid pack. Seb needs more than a comeback, he needs a resurrection.

ATBNM3 and Adrian Thompson like this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO Ricci went to Renault for the long play of 2021 season - New rules and it could be anyone's game So best to be in that seat already

22. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I don't disagree, I was simply responding to william by pointing out I don't think Ricciardo in Red was ever really in the cards (per SM's wishes for Leclerc).

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I don't think you will see Vettel serving LeClerc, as Bottas does butler style to Lewis.

However, if Vettel continues to mess up Ferrari may approach Max, providing they have enough cash to buy out his RB contract with premium.

The Honda performance will also be a contributary factor as to whether Max might become available after 2020.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed on every single point.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. Adrian Thompson

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    I was being mainly facetious. I don't think he'll play a Bottas, but I do think there may be shades of 2014 when the new understudy in the team comes in and schools the supposed leader. I think Seb, while undoubtedly being a stunning driver is too easily derailed when threatened and that's the cause of so many of his stupid mistakes over the last couple of years.