Speciale Market | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Nope a dodge dealer in texas bought it.

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting how did that dealer come upon your car. Seems decent sale for you considering from a dealer.

Sent from my 16M

of2worlds likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What I note is that a real sale indicates that a Speciale now sells for (slightly) less than MSRP.
    It's still a very good result for a 4-year old car (meaning that ownership for 4 years has been more or less free for 4 years, something exceeptional for a car), but nowhere near the claims that a special edition Ferrari would make the lucky buyer rich.

Mbutner likes this.
  4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Inaccurate generalization. Depends on miles and spec. There was a 600 mile 2015 Speciale with $353k MSRP that sold for $395k last month. There are other notable examples of low-mile, well-spec'd Speciales that have sold in recent months for $30-$40k over MSRP. It is the undesirable spec and/or higher mile examples that tend to wallow on the market.

5. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Agree 100% based on my own research of the Speciale and recent purchase of one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09Scuderia likes this.
  6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    What is the 'higher mile' range you are referring to? Is it over 5K?

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #457 noone1, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    To be fair, that 600 mile car would be a lot cheaper if you even remotely tried to enjoy it and use it.

Low mileage cars that sell at high prices are meaningless because they can't be driven while retaining that value.

8. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    In my opinion any Speciale with over 5k miles does take a hit.

9. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    In my opinion any Speciale with over 5k miles does take a hit.

10. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Agree with others that speciale prices will hold well depends on how much you drive it. In Dubai, U.A.E. we are getting here from USD 300-350k low kms like 5k. And the fact that it is the last naturally aspirated engine special series before being replaced by turbo engines... The problem with Pista or all turbo engines for that matter is in the long run they will not hold their value because turbo engines don't have a limit you can keep upgrading them for more power and torque while in naturally aspirated engines there is a limit.

Caeruleus11 and F12JAJ like this.
  11. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    here to it depends on the mileage on your car... I hate these so called flippers that buy the cars just to sit in the garage... these cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed.

F12JAJ likes this.
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Exactly - and IMHO the owner gets a better value by driving a few thousands miles and losing $20K when he sells his car than by locking $350K in a car he can't use to get a $40K benefit after four years.

Mbutner likes this.
  13. sunyatsen

sunyatsen Rookie

Oct 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven Chao
    Do you know what the MSRP was?

14. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Not exactly but it was low specd. Minimal cf.

15. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Then it sounds like he paid about $10k over MSRP. Rosso Corsa with NART is also probably the most popular color combo in the Speciale.

16. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Lot of Speciale going up for sale, but seems lots of buyers at the current prices too. Good specs don't sit very long, and overall number of listings has not been increasing despite new cars continuously popping up.

Lamborghini Dallas just sold a stripeless Rossa Corsa with 3000 miles in just a week. They listed it for $380K, which was about $50k over MSRP. Not sure what they actually sold for.

17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    With the SP500 having just given back 17 months of gains, I would not be surprised to see markets soften for all exotics. The markets are looking awfully ugly given US politics, not to mention what a hard Brexit might do.

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Not to turn this into an economic thread but oil has given up 17 months of gains also and that might put a crimp on the budgets from the middle east also.

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    My guess is $350-360k.... hope someone can confirm

Sent from my 16M

20. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Any updated data on current market

21. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Just received an email from my dealer that reads as follows:

I hope this message finds you well and that your New Year is off to a great start.

We are currently seeking 458 Italia, 458 Spider, and 458 Speciale models both for inventory and for clients ready to make a purchase. If you'd consider selling or trading your 458 please let us know.

We have a number of fantastic 488 models available (both listed on our website and unadvertised) as well as some incredible F12 models. Please visit our website to learn more.

22. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Just an observation, for past month or so, the number of 812s for sale has been exceeding the number of Speciale's for sale...and, I'm sure at this point there are still more Speciale's in the USA than 812s, so maybe that says something?

23. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Interesting.

The two cars are not comparable of course but...

Speciale Looks > 812 Looks

24. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    That is interesting and reflected in premium to MSRP. I have both and they are wonderful cars with each car having great qualities. Perhaps it is because regular V12s tend to depreciate faster initially than v8s and these people selling maybe trying to get ahead of drop.

25. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Brand new cars always explode in number of listings on the used market after 1 year. It seems a large portion supercar owners like to keep their cars for about 1-2 years before moving onto something new.

I remember in late 2017 there were only 2-4 McLaren 720S for sale in the entire USA. Now there's nearly 100 listings just 1 year later.