Ferrari 348TS Video of some hard pulls & exhaust sound. | FerrariChat

Ferrari 348TS Video of some hard pulls & exhaust sound.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Tarek307, Dec 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Made this video last week of the 348TS, just sold the car so thought i'd share this. its nothing spectacular, but hey!

djs308, copterjon, ernie and 2 others like this.
  2. Andy 355

Andy 355 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2013
    Sydney
    Early car, resisted the colour coded lower panels. Very nice car. Sounds stock, just the way Ferrari made it.

3. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
  4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Love it's distinctive sound. A mix of rumble and zing.

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
  6. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Nice video Tarek, thanks for putting it up. I have been going back and forth about switching out my Nouvalari sport exhaust and going back to stock on my Spider. This helped me make the decision. Since my Spider is low miles bone stock throughout Why not make it sound the way Ferrari intended. Just finished up and am liking the stock note.
    Cheers!

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I followed the auction and enjoyed the video listened to it a few times. Looks like someone got a good buy on a nice 348.

8. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    They sure did, and i was glad to sell it, i did not enjoy the 348 at all- can't believe that Ferrari made that car at the same time Porsche made the 911 964- What a difference.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    What didn’t you like about it?

10. boxcarracer

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    The fact that you can drive the 964 in pretty much any climate speaks volumes on the differences between these cars.
    I’ve had a few aircooled 911 and would get another one in a heartbeat, but the driving experience is just not comparable to an F car.

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I’ve always liked the 964 and did come close to buying one awhile back. I’ve driven 2 different examples of 964 one being a 91 c4 and the other a wide body 94. Enjoyed both but I always had the passion for Ferrari although I have yet to drive a 348 so can’t comment on how it is to drive. Things do change when the time to pull the trigger on a car comes and sometimes you have to let go of some of that passion for a bit of practicality and other times you realize passion is the right decision to make as long as you don’t think about your decision too much!

boxcarracer likes this.
  12. boxcarracer

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    A 964 C4 is very sluggish with its primitive AWD and the car feels numb and underpowered. Also anything pre-89 just drives like a tractor until you set it up right.
    That’s what’s great about all these ‘analog’ cars though, there’s fun and reward in setting them up to drive how you want.

13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    SoCal1 likes this.
  14. Hammonds rider

Hammonds rider Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Didn’t last long ...Tarek’s Car already for resale after just selling on BAT... at Milpas Motors in Santa Barbara.. selling price $50k

15. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    perhaps this happend:
    bought it, discovered some major isssue like bad compression or something, re-sell it and move on?

16. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    The guy show bought it, bought it to flip it - He told me that. His buddy owns that dealership in Santa Barbara and he has bought 3-4 cars on BAT and gives them to his buddy to list for sale for him while he drives the cars...He doesn't care about making money he said, he wants to drive the car for a bit and sell it and not lose money- I Think he is safe as to what he paid for the car and what he is asking.

Wow talk about assuming the most negative thing you can and posting it! lol, SORRY buddy thats not the case, hate to disappoint you! The guy that bought the car has bought several cars on BAT and had them listed at that dealer.

17. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
  18. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

I drove about three diff 348's and they just don't feel solid, didn't feel the quality you get with a 911 at all..my 964 same year i can take anywhere and trust to go cross country and through canyons at high speeds, the ferraris didn't give me that feeling. I'm not knocking Ferraris, i love the 355 and have a 360 as my daily driver now i adore.

19. boxcarracer

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Glad it worked out for you Tarek!
    I just don't know how someone can buy a car off BaT and expect to make money after.

20. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    that 348 sounded perfect to me i liked the vid thank you

21. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Am I on P-Chat again? ;)

22. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Tarek, sorry about your car. We've modded ours to our liking here in the South Bay. have you ever been to one of our Stooge events? Yes, I like the Porsche as well, but once the 348 - a SS In my case - is set up right, it has few comparisons. I sold my 2001 TT because it didn't feel the same. We would have been happy to mod up your 348 as well. But I get how it is. When the air cooled 911 bug hits you, you got to go with it. I never did like the alternative driving style required by my TT when at the track, and I daily drive BMWs. They drive more like the Ferrari than the Porsche, hence my decision. To each his own. Enjoy the 964. Lowered and exhaust modded, they are way cool.

23. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Must have been set up bad because they are still a great car

24. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Why did I sell my 964 turbo! Why God......Whyyyy?

25. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Look I like P Car's, good everyday sports car. Somewhat reliable, good all around car! But let's face it, it is a FUGLY car in any year. No offense to PCAR Owners, but seriously?