Max slap: it ain’t Hamilton. It’s his car that’s winning | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Max slap: it ain’t Hamilton. It’s his car that’s winning

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Nico's world driver's championship is the best evidence of the correctness of Max's comment. Before coming to Mercedes Nico was a very good, top of middle of the pack driver.

stavura, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    By your statement Max comment could also mean it will take 4 years as team mate to finally beat Lewis, and then retire afterwards because of the difficulty.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    ????? Elton struggled to beat nico every year despite the full support of Mercedes on his side of the garage, team orders in his favour, and toto and niki actually reprimanding nico for beating him....... had it been a top tier driver alongside him, he’d have been outpsyched within a few races and still be stuck on one title, and you know it. Coming here to try to big him up doesn’t mean you re right

Bas, Finlander, stavura and 2 others like this.
  4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think undoubtedly Rosberg is a fast driver...he did go head-to-head with two WDC's and was pretty equal in qualifying with them.

Lewis was generally the better 'racer' during their tenure. The one exception was the year that Rosberg won. I think LH became a little too complacent and mistake-prone and Rosberg made him pay. By the time Hamilton woke up and tried to get it all back, the margin for error was zero and then Sepang happened.

Rosberg won that WDC by coming out on fire to start the season and holding off LH until the end.

greg328 and william like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He made a distinct effort to gain advantage in all areas of training, including karting between races, and racing including getting in LH's head which Lauda said he was quite able to do. The smarter and more focused racer won that title. It was not at all LH. Nico is a strong and very smart F1 champion. Period. Most drivers do not at all equal him.

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Anyone remember the debacle of the last race, where Elton ‘the gentleman, great racer etcetc’ Ignored team orders and attempted to back Nico into the pack of chasing drivers, completely oblivious to his superiors ordering him to get on with it, to speed up etc. Some people here like to pretend he is some kind of saint, sent by Senna to carry his legacy, when in fact, he’s a mischievious, arrogant spoilt child who has no loyalty to anyone but himself. I was surprised he wasn’t sacked after his pathetic display, but it was nice to see that the following pack saw what was happening and were sure not to make any impact on Nico at all, destroying Elton’s chances of ruining Nico’s race

stavura and 375+ like this.
  7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I certainly agree Nico was far more focused that season. I also recall Hamilton dropping behind due to poor starts and reliability issues. Reliability wasn't his fault, of course, but I felt early on that he was taking for granted that he could just respond to Nico as needed and take the title from him. It didn't work out that way and Nico walked away from F1 as a champion.

william, F2003-GA and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Is this why Mercedes extended Ham's contract?

F2003-GA, ATBNM3 and william like this.
  9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

In 2015 Nico had reliability and a DNF that would have kept him more than in the title race. The slight difference between them is minimal and sometimes was circuit related almost. Nico is a superb F1 driver and smart and educated human being. I rank him higher than Vettel, equal to LH and behind FA. He is better than Kimi to me as well.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    He did beat Schumi...

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Who knows, according to you lot Mercedes want wannabe gangstas to buy their cars, he’s the closest thing f1 has to one, presumably that’s the answer you’re looking for? I’m just glad he will never join ferrari

12. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Mercedes and Hamilton do not have anything to fear. Hamilton is consistently the fastest driver and doesn't make mistakes while Verstappen is fast but he constantly makes mistakes (like in Brazil) . Vettel now has a new young gun who will most likely take points from him in the next seat in the Ferrari. So if Verstappen is racing for second or third he might get in between Seb and Leclerc pretty often pushing one of them down a spot.

Blackmamba, william and F2003-GA like this.
  13. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I would. Of course, the drivers wouldn't give a rat's arse about my opinion. They are very much in their own world.

william likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring

stavura and Bas like this.
  15. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Wow ... if true, thats pretty pathetic!

stavura and Bas like this.
  16. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    The hamster is the best BLACK MB driver since 2014

ATBNM3 likes this.
  17. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Do you actually believe this LOL?! I have to say it's pretty funny...

I guess facts are boring to some. I'd be willing to put money on it. Hamilton out front winning with Vettel, Leclerc, Verstappen, and Bottas battling for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th all taking points from each other lol! 2019 is going to be fun!

Blackmamba likes this.
  18. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Yeah, just like back in 2007.

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m afraid there was a post a little while ago, I haven’t the interest to find it as I think it’s best left well alone, which made a vast majority of us sick to our stomachs at its callousness, suffice to say the skiing accident was suggested suitable karma for Schumi’s aggressive racing in the past. I’m sure it can be searched out easily enough

Finlander likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Despite no support in the second half of the season due to a ‘personal’ issue at McLaren, Alonso matched Elton the whole season. Presumably you watched the same season as everyone else? Hilariously, Alonso made certain Elton couldn’t win the title on the track too by making sure he had a good Brazilian GP that year. Of course, the funniest bit was when Elton stuck his car into the limiter on track and **** his pants

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :p

ktu likes this.
  22. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Did Alonso "polish Elton's nuts every weekend" (your words) during the 2007 season?

william likes this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    They ended up on the same points didn’t they? So I’d say he had his measure, since McLaren stopped helping Alonso by race 8 due to, as I said, and extremely personal situation that had developed within the team. Given the same Mercedes and fair treatment to both drivers, Alonso would walk the races against him, and without heavy bias in his corner, Elton would go to pieces much like he did against nico despite the teams bias

24. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #99 ATBNM3, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    And Let's not forget Hamilton was a rookie (but future 5xWDC) and Alonslow the current 2xWDC (never to win one again) the only "favoritism" Hamilton received is Alonslow demanded that he be favored as number one McLaren said no. So he threw his toys typical Alonslow

Blackmamba and william like this.
  25. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #100 ATBNM3, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Do you ever like to rewrite history lol! Nico and Hamilton were treated as equals. secondly it was Nico who quit after lucking his way to his first WDC because he didn't want to go through it again. Hamilton was ready for another go at Nicky but Nicky wasn't up to it...

And let's not forget Mercedes was not the first team they were teammates at. They were on the same team ment times before F1 and did all those team favor Hamilton over the son of a WDC? And Nico never beat him in the same team not until Hamilton had reliability problems. I feel silly just pointing this out because you simply cannot rewrite history

Blackmamba, ktu and william like this.