upgrade 430 to scuderia steering rack | FerrariChat

upgrade 430 to scuderia steering rack

Discussion in '360/430' started by ur84wr, Dec 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ur84wr

ur84wr Karting

Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hi guys,

has this been done/investigated before. I understand the ratio difference is 13.1(scud) to 14.1(430).

I owned both and still own my 430 (sold was sold with a heavy heart) and aside from the many other differences that iam working to improve between the two of them, mostly suspension related, which Iam resolving with uprated springs, stiffer flamblocs and BBS FI's - the fastness of the steering rack in the scud very apparent.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

2. euro_king

euro_king Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2009
    San Jose, Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jastien Weiss
    I also want to know if this mods actually improve handling, I never thought of it when my steering rack is making a noise, which is common problem for f430

3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's 15:1 vs 16:1. The valving in the Scuderia PAS pump is also different, but using an F430 pump is still fine - it's just a feel thing. The rack itself is a bolt onbut without an accompanying change to the ESP software the reduced ratio effectively makes the stability system less responsive. It wouldn't be a significant difference but it's worth being aware of.