812 Allocations | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 Allocations

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by TNF, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Whats the spec and color of the one in stock

2. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    In Australia they are still gold dust. Mine has finally gone into lockdown spec. Some kind of supply problem with RHD?

3. F12 Junkie

F12 Junkie Rookie

Oct 23, 2018
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Dustin Nelson
    Great discussion guys. I'm looking to purchase a preowned F12B this year.

Caeruleus11 and F2003-GA like this.
  4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Nice car for the money. Might be nice to order and get some richer colors in the interior, rather than "basic black" though...

5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  6. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    First, the comments above should have answered your query well.
    Second I have purchased 5 new Ferraris so I have a little experience with the my local dealer (whom I like) as well as many other branded dealerships.
    In addition to the above comments, sadly one thing is in common to all dealerships: they are banking on people with little knowledge and hopefully even more money. The only reason you would have to buy the Lusso or another harder to sell car is just for that very reason. Ferrari SpA has lots of room to build cars that are not loved. Nobody is begging Porsche customers to buy Macans or Cayennes.
    I recently tried to replace my daily driver (a Golf R) with a leftover Audi RS3 that has been on the lot for 7 months. Dealer franchise - where I have purchased 7 previous cars from their various makes - and I spoke a few times. They asked me to put a number on the car where "we could do business."
    I explained to them what their car lists for, what it will likely be worth at 3 and 5 years from now, and showed them that my R was basically the same car (only better!) for 30% less new. I gave them a number a few K less than what they were asking for it. Never heard back from them. The point being, I knew more than they wanted me to.
    You now know what 812s can be had for and what they will likely be selling for a few years out. PLUS, any recession ( not that I want one) only knocks further down everyone's guesses.
    I hope you find a car you like regardless of price. They really are fun after the buying shenanigans are waded through. You would be surprised how much you forget after the first time you chase the red line in one of these naturally aspirated miracles.
    Best

F2003-GA, italiafan and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Well, some folks buy a Lusso or Portofino with express purpose of buying a Lusso or Portofino and they don't give a rat's ass for an allocation of 812 or whatever.
    Maybe they need a car they can use daily, in any weather or maybe they just like it better?

Sims123, tfazio, deltona and 2 others like this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Very true and we respect them for that - But the culprit here is over production of those models and the dealers holding customers to ransom

9. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    There was a post in the 458 section many months ago. A VERY long term buyer of Ferrari's -maybe back to the late 70s (from my dealership) - detailing his experience in trying to buy a Pista. Without getting into all the specifics, this 360 CS and other currently Ferrari owning person requested what we now know as the Pista when the first 488 showed. He was eventually told, no way. All sold out to essentially "better" customers. Lo and behold, weeks later he is offered a Pista IF he buys a GT car. My buddy - another multiple Ferrari owner with a current Speciale - tried to buy an 812 with the idea of then flipping into a Pista. 812 allotment came up. Told he could not be assured of a Pista. He passed on the 812. He was then called several months later and offered a Pista IF he bought a GT car.
    THAT is what I mean by dealers' having to/trying to dangle a desirable car to get a harder to move car off the floor or fill an unclaimed allotment that is coming up.
    It has nothing to do with anyone who wants one of these cars on their own merit.
    Best

iloveferrari, bagelboy and F2003-GA like this.
  10. Maynard G. Krebbs

Oct 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    craig k gaglia
    Sorry, somewhat new to all this. But, how is it that they [812] can be so many available as a Used 500+ mile unit and not New ones? is this some kind of market manipulation

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly manipulation

12. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Are 812 allocations still hard to come by?

Responses on this forum vary widely and are about 6 months old.

What are your current experiences?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Used ones can be had for 50k behind MSRP so based on that there must be some dealers out there with allocation to spare
    Best to call around Ferrari dealers and get a feel of who can do what

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    65 cars registered in the UK during 2018 (first year). 5 used RHD cars for sale in Autotrader, 1 LHD. All the RHD cars are well above sticker, the LHD car around sticker. It’s slow going here - my TM car is hopefully early this year but I have that feeling....! My car has been on order since early 2017.

15. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I think there is a lot of misinformation about allocations, dealing with dealers etc.

The bottom line is that people are comparing cars across different dealers, across different countries and markets. Things are going to vary a lot.

Nobody ever asked me to buy a Portofino to get my 812 allocation btw.

16. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I would guess around 12 of those cars were dealer demo cars as well so just over 50 customer cars.

17. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    RHD has been slow, as it is with every new launch. Pista Spider rumoured for 2020 delivery ! My 812 arrived late Dec , not picked it up yet as been out of the UK, may be end of the week. So a few are coming through. LHD prices (in uk ) can be had at list, small premium on RHD but won't last long . List prices gone up so much that has seen off any nonsense , as Ferrari wanted. I am sure you can get a slot for a 2020 build somewhere in UK. V12 GT was always a money pit for depreciation except GTO/TDF .

ajr550 and BarryK like this.
  18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I heard 812 production delays were caused by the supplier of the rear wheel steering components not filling orders on a timely basis.

19. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Some of those 812s on autotrader UK have been on the market for some time. One goes back to August 2018. Saw one went under offer recently, but no action on the others. A couple may have challenging specs for a potential buyer, but the others look very decent. So tough to know why they are not selling.

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Just took a look at Autotrader.
    They list 7 Superfast. One is LHD, one is an add from Ferrari and another from Jo Macari is listed at £1 million so I am not sure what’s that about, another is under offer, so that leaves just 3 cars for sale, the blue one has been messed around with, there are a couple of videos on utube of them fitting bigger wheels and talking about modifying the body!
    So that leaves 2, the red one seems to be a generated image, and has not much if any carbon that I can see if that’s the spec. it does not list the spec on their site.
    That leaves just a nice grey one.
    I am sure more have sold but I have not kept track of them.

21. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Good points. Looks like 2 that were previously listed have (presumably) been sold and are no longer listed. So only two viable ones left. Will be interesting to see how quickly the nicely spec’d Grigio Titanio one sells. That has not been on the market long. There is another at William Loughran (not on autotrader), but that has an interior spec that will appeal only to specific tastes. So in short, not many available for immediate sale - which is good. Hope owners are holding / will hold on to their cars. Always find it a little upsetting when they get traded so quickly after delivery.

So, back to @Horsin’ around’s question - are UK allocations still sold out/hard to come by?

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    What country are you located in

23. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    May become easier to get after 812 Spider is revealed !

24. HyperMac954

HyperMac954 Karting

Jul 2, 2012
    I actually went in looking at the Lusso, and was on the fence. Then they threw in a couple allocations, and that was the end of that. Now they've asked when I want to trade in the Lusso, and my response is, "Um.... no."

812 arrives in a 5-6 weeks :~)> And it will be right at home NEXT to my Lusso.

BaronM69 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    I am located in the northeast USA.

My dealer has promised me the next allocation for the last 3 months.

Apparently my spec has been loaded into the computer and ready for acceptance by Ferrari.

But it’s been 3 months and I am still waiting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk