Ferrari Trailer | FerrariChat

Ferrari Trailer

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by F612, Dec 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
  2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I have an 18' full steel deck trailer with a beaver tail. I easily tow a couple of Corvettes that I also own. I am still figuring out how to clear the ramp angle so the front of my 360 Spider does not hit. I think Race Ramps have a ramp that will work. However, I am not totally clear on the best tie down method. How are you planning to tie down your car?

3. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I am in full support of the enclosed trailer in fact I am currently in the process of finding one...
    Thinking of 18 or 20ft....just wondering how your trailer fits your Ferrari..?
    Love the interior upgrade...!
    What make is your trailer ....
    Please Send a picture of the vehicle loaded if possible
    Happy Holidays

neil e dale likes this.
  4. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    My trailer is a Diamond Cargo (https://www.diamond-cargo.com) built in Southern GA. It is 8 1/2 X 20' with a V nose with 7000 lb. axels. I paid just under $5K for it at the factory and pulled it back to AL.
    .My 612 612 fills it up. But it has clearance all around. As you probably know, the 612 is big so I think any other Ferrari would fit.
    You can see from the pictures the wood stops (yellow) I screwed to the floor in the front after measuring to center the mass over the axels and making the stops as tall as would fit under the front end of the car,
    I also added 2X4s (also yellow) ripped to right width to guide the car between the wheel wells.
    Loading is as simple as driving on with the car centered and letting the guides align in detail and stopping at the "stops"''
    I secure the car with 3" strap through the front wheel ( using a seat belt pad to protect the wheel) to the tie-down on the floor in front.
    I also block the back with large rubber stops, but I think that is just to make me feel good.
    I don't have a picture of it loaded but it fills up the trailer and only has about 4-6" to the back door/ramp. The only "issue" is climbing in and out through the car window when loaded.

I pull it with a 2017 Ford Exhibition EL with an Ecoboost V6. Other than 12 miles/US Gal., it works just fine.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

5. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #5 Manda racing, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Great interior you have there- would look great at events. I can t keep mine clean.

I’ve never climbed out of wider cars like the 348 or 430 only a early 911 turbo in my 20’ vee nose.

(Winch) I use the towhook but there are recesses under certain models for metal hooks to hook onto.

I want to buy those MAC padded short helper straps to run thru my rims. (For strapping down after loading)

I used to carry 10 ft planks and lots of blocks prior to race ramps, the longest made.

Those vendor style side doors sure would be nice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

meantestarossa likes this.
  6. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    For those with e-Tracks. Have you given thought to the MACs over-the-tire system? Not the net type but the one they
    over with the 3 rubber blocks (w/guide nubs) so the strap goes directly up tire rear, over top, directly down and through
    a guide where the strap then is hugging the e-Track surface to the rachet/final hook?

7. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    #8 twist-a-grip, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I use them. I think they’re awesome, but they’re also the only straps I’ve ever used. That’s what MAC recommended, so that’s what I bought. The through the wheel straps not only potentially scuff up expensive wheels, but you’re pulling the wheel (and all with which it’s connected) a direction it’s not really made to go. They’re also a little more handy for other uses - through the wheel straps and those net wheel straps are pretty much only good for cars. I just loaded up my trailer to move a couple of queen beds and a couch to an new investment property and strapped them down with my MACs.

I will say that if you don’t have much room in your trailer, they would be a pain to hook up.

Manda racing likes this.
  8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This is a pretty cool thread. It is interesting that no one seems to have a goose neck trailer. Wouldn't that be the best way- that and a dually truck- to tow a car? I have no need for a trailer but I do find the fantasy of driving across country in a HD diesel truck with a Ferrari enclosed in a trailer behind you, seeking out the best driving roads in the country, quite alluring.

Manda racing and Thecadster like this.
  9. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I've been having the same thought about my 599, what's your idea of "not very expensive"?

10. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    It is a basic “car hauler” and I added vents myself. The rest was “decorating”.
    I paid about $5K for the trailer.

11. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    By the way, I towed my 612 in it from BHM to Clearwater, FL over the past 2 days and will take it to Daytona next week for track day. Towing with a Ford Expidition. No problems. 8 mpg

Bryan S likes this.