Testarossa Price Trends | Page 62 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Xtreme5053 and MS250 like this.
  2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    this seems for me a very low price for a high mirror car, this is not even 58.000 €
    the cheapest high mirror just now offered at mobile.de for nearly 120.000 € in germany and nearly 130.000 € in france

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No way of knowing if it really sold and for what price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Well a flying mirror sold on BAT earlier this year for like 85k with 20.000 miles or so. The owner came on this thread to share his joy. So I believe it;)

6. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I remember that car — it needed something like $20k put into it that was readily apparent and probably more in reality. I bought a different one that was close to turn key.

Speaking of buying, instead of relying on casual observation of prices, I built a comprehensive model in Excel to determine pricing trends. The aggregated and adjusted data shows that average prices have mostly leveled off at this point from the Q4 2016 highs.

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

U are correct! His needed a major and some things. Still 100k for a flying mirror at the door is certainly a good price.
    I have also a spreadsheet where I keep track and I agree with your assessments. The TR have leveled: not cheap per se but down to a more reasonable numbers. Problem is that some seller are trying to recoup what they bought them for in 14-15 , and or are not yet caught up with the current prices.

8. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    Would you be able to make a graph of the data and share it here? I’d love to see the past trends over 5 years.

9. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Chris - don’t just drop one in the punchbowl and walk away! Share your spreadsheet!

We’de all appreciate your detail

Best Regards,
    Vincenzo

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    It is steady 100ish but that is the least it should go. It needs to stay North of 100k to keep its status where it needs to be.

turbo-joe, Shamile and xplodee like this.
  11. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I like this thread ;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i like this thread too

xplodee likes this.
  13. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Has the red low mileage TR at Barret Jackson sold yet? Should be a good indicator

14. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Mods please change the title to TR prices skyrocketing

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    lol nat gonna go nutz

Shamile likes this.
  16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Shamile likes this.
  17. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I love the TR it is such a beautiful car!!!

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Why would I go nutz lol
    Sells Numbers are not supporting asking prices; if anything this thread should be renamed TR’s asking prices skyrocketing;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  19. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Truth in your post - it takes two, asking prices is not selling prices. A no sale jsut means a no sale.

But the purpose of this thread is a comparison to the other thread based on 2010 - clearly in 2019 the trend is TR prices are increasing and not decreasing.

Case in point - 5okUSD driver cars were common, today, not likely at all. Therefore prices are definitely up since 2010

turbo-joe likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

The prices in 2019 ? 2 weeks in is a bit soon to establish.
    I’m not sure what you are trying to say, if you say 2010-2016 prices are up yes, if you say 2010-2019 prices are up I also say yes, but if you say prices are going up since 2016 then this is incorrect.
    One of the proof of the first trend is my own former car: it sold in 2010 for I believe 72k by Ferrari of Atlanta, 6 years later it was put for sale by Ferrari of Orlando at 139k, 9
    Months later i got it for 97k
    So the car did go up since 2010.
    Now since the bubble in 2015/2016 the asking prices have remained and the selling prices have generally gone down; some people have learnt the hard way: the TR from the Canadian importer which was on BAT last month was bought at the peak for 150k+, it didn’t get one single offer passed 110k last month.
    So again Over 10 years they went up but for the past 3 years they have stabilized, trending down.
    Inventory remains and doesn’t move too much- some being completely delusional like the cars Merlin have consigned at 200k.
    Feel free to disagree but those are facts.

sixcarbs and Xtreme5053 like this.
  21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    best would be to create a thread for every year and then everybody can compare how the prices are moving

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Exactly- it all depends when you got the car and even then it’s not always relevant.
    My car was bought at 72 and sold close to 100k but the gentleman actually made 0 money on it.
    Over 5 years he spent close to 20k of maintenance and Ferrari took 10% consignment fee for the sale.