360 aftermarket wheel options | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 aftermarket wheel options

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cazten, Dec 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    I’m curious, is that from your personal experience? I have various sets of wheels ranging from 18-21” on my car, and have not seen a significant decline in comfort at all.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yes, personal experience. Starfish, 19" CS wheels, 20/21 Vellano wheels. I had the car for over 12 years.

In the end, I really preferred the CS wheels for my uses.

3. Bonefingah

Bonefingah Rookie

Sep 10, 2018
    Cologne, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Linch
    Chnco, you did an awesome job, that looks awesome! Also the black... yummm....
    Cazten, I did a lot of homework and talked to "the experts" and they all said what you've read here, telling me not to go above 19 for all the reasons previously mentioned. I finally decided to go with 19" OEM 430 wheels and I love them. Haven't taken her on the Nürburgring yet but I'll report if/when I do ;)
    Sidenote: Here in Europe, you have to have any "mods" formally re-inspected and approved (at absurd costs of course) and the Ferrari dealer here immediately pointed out that the wheels were not allowed according to German law. I trumped him with my exempt status card.
    Pics attached
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ml65, anunakki, Fenz and 1 other person like this.
  4. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    Interesting, what tires? I have Michelin Pilot Sports on mine and they ride fine

5. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    My Porsche has Sport PASM and 20" stock wheels and honestly the 360 on starfish is a much better setup. The extra rubber makes the ride a little smoother but it corners flatter.

Yes, bigger wheels are more "in style" and modern but they're objectively much worse, particularly on a car like the 360 that doesn't have enough horsepower to necesitate larger brakes.

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    ^^This. The 360 has good power (for its time) but not a lot of low end torque. Heavier wheel/tire combinations will be felt in slower acceleration. Most will also feel the difference in poorer ride quality. The starfish wheels are lighter than the OEM modular. The 19” challenge wheels are light for 19s but still a bit heavier, though the tradeoff is that they provide more grip and improved steering response.

To keep from throwing off the stability controls, keep the outside diameters close to stock or the ratio of the diameters within a few percent of the stock ratios.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

one4torque, Michael B and tifosi101 like this.
  7. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    I have a set of italian wheels OZ Ultraleggera HLT 19"
    With tires 285 rear and 235 front (front 225 is not allowed for 360 Modena but allowed for Challenge Stradale)
    With titanium bolts.
    These wheels are famous in Europe for 360/F430 upgrade and lighter and stronger than CS wheels (and cheaper).
    A great improvement for handling and racing style.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

brookliner7 and Fenz like this.
  8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Nice wheels!. Off topic, but did you have to take off the front bumper to install the. Straddle grills?
    Makes the car looks so much better

9. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
  10. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Thanks brookliner7 !
    Yes I have. This is also a great improvement for racing style and above all to avoid stones or leaves in contact with the radiators ;)

brookliner7 likes this.
  11. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My fav of this thread

unreelviper likes this.
  12. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I love your wheels! I have the COR Current wheels 20/21

bocaf430 likes this.
  13. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
  14. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    My 3¢ on wheels...
    Ferrari offered three designs in limited sizes.
    The three offerings compliment the overall look of the car as envisioned by the original design team.
    Anything else you substitute runs the risk of looking dissonant.
    Enjoy what you care to put on your car but keep the OEM wheels in your garage or you'll take a hit on resale. So many of the aftermarket wheels on F-Chat were not wanted by the next owner of the vehicle they were on. Don't expect to get more than 50¢ on the dollar for non-standard wheels.
    I have Modulars but hate that they are a pain to keep clean. The Starfish are easy in that respect but so are the Challenge wheels.

brookliner7 likes this.
  15. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Everyone on here makes me laugh because you guys all think you are going to get millions for your car but if the wheels are changed , it's worth $1 . The right buyer is out there for everything . People spend $5,000.00 - $10,000.00 for a set of aftermarket wheels . If a car had a set of HREs on it and i didn't like it , i would sell the HREs and buy OEMs . My guess is you can sell aftermarkets and buy OEMs for about the same price...or maybe even a profit depending on the wheels ( starfish , modular )

Dissonant :Do_O:D....I would love to know how many times you have used this word in your lifetime .

Here are the modulars and my DPEs . Sure doesn't look like my "aftermarket" wheels make it look dissonant :rolleyes:

16. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg

Attached Files:

F355Bob likes this.
  17. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie