GT4 rear exhaust grate mounts | FerrariChat

GT4 rear exhaust grate mounts

Discussion in '308/328' started by DavidDriver, Jan 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    I'd like to know if anyone has a set of the triangle mounts for sale, or if anyone knows who might have a set in stock.

If none of the above, which I expect; does anyone know their dimensions and the material they're made of, so I can get a set made.

Being on the bottom of the car, where they could get accidentally hit, I suspect they might be made of sheet-metal. But it could be plastic or (more likely) fiberglass over some other material like, maybe foam?

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

2. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  3. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Thank you for the link! Mine is a '75. I've never seen that wrap-around one either. I wonder if that's for a Euro and not FNA car?

So the triangle on yours is hollow? Is it made of plastic? If so, I can probably fabricate one out of foam and glass, if I can't find an original.

Thanks again!

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    yes its plastic or fiberglass. if mine were still off I would of made you some thin copies that you could of stiffened with layers of f glass

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    actually iirc they are fiberglass, idk I could be wrong