Stalling 599 | FerrariChat

Stalling 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by ANGELINO, Jan 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANGELINO

ANGELINO Karting

Feb 18, 2009
    I have owned 2010 599 hgte for about three years now and the problem of my 599 stalling when I am trying to reverse it out of the garage at a low speed seems to getting worse as the years go by. I do get annual services and had consulted with the mechanic regarding this and he made some adjustments to timing on the clutch from my understanding. However, that didn’t make much of any improvement on stalling. Once the car has been on the road for a bit, it’s fine. But just when it’s starting out, the car seems to stall eventhough I warm up the engine for 5 to 10 minutes. Should this be considered normal? Thanks in advance.

2. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    My 599 had annual service about a month ago and it has randomly stalled twice since then. On both occasions it happened while in first gear and on both occasions the engine was warm from doing some miles. Never has it happened before now.

3. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Dunno if considered normal, but never occurred once to me during the 5 years I owned the same year and model.

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Haven't had my car that long yet but I don't have this issue.

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Where are you located? It sounds like you need someone who really knows this model to look at it. It seems like your mechanic didn't hook it up for a diagnostic. Many times the OBD will give the code for what's wrong.

6. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Check your fuel pumps.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

7. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I do not feel that it is normal. My 599 in several years of ownership never exhibited that behavior. With the more current Ferraris you really need the Ferrari diagnostic machine and software(or Leonardo) to find out the various parameters to determine the issue.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Vacuum leak?

9. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Never happened to me and never heard that in my country !