Has the elusive 150k 458 been found yet? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Has the elusive 150k 458 been found yet?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SeaNile, Jan 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo

Google Images the VIN. The entire rear of the car was damaged, not just slight bumper damage.

2. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo

There was no front damage to this car. I know because I was bidding on it to turn it into a track car. I have the original pictures from the CoPart auction. It baffles my mind on why anyone would spend $160k on a previously salvaged 458 with a aftermarket speciale kit on it (0% chance that it's OEM). Like you said, unless it's being turned to a track only toy or you plan on driving it to the ground, reselling or getting rid of the car to another owner takes forever. Not worth the time or hassle and you will not end up saving any money in the long run especially if it has any issues.

Pictures attached of the actual damage below.

+1 to what you said. I've bought cars at insurance auction such as my Z4 but I paid about $15k for a car whose retail value was about $30. On top of that, I inspected the car in person and knew why it was having issues starting and my end goal was to turn it into a track toy so I really didn't care about the title or interior quality since it was going to get gutted.

Pics below of the accident. These guys put on Speciale kits on regular 458s. There's 2 of them for sale and an Aventador 700-4 with a 50th Anniversary front bumper and a SV rear. Baffles my mind on how retarded they look.

Aftermarket bodykit. Their goal is to flip the car for a profit! This white one sold for $100k if I recall correctly. I assume they sold the front end and replaced it with aftermarket Speciale kit and the rear end was what was really damaged.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    I'm in the repair business and they send cars to the cemetery all day long for light hits . There's not much difference between fixing a Ferrari or a Ford Focus to an experienced body man except for the cost of the parts. The insurance companies know cost wise what the repair is and then getting called back for hidden damage which adds more to it . After that they have to deal with an owner that will never be happy with the car or the fact that it's been repaired . It's way easier to figure out what they are going to get from the salvage pool for these exotics and just let them go .

On a side note there's these fools on youtube fixing a white 458 that think they are the real deal and know what they are doing . They paid 100k for it with a front end hit and talk about how much it will be worth when they are done . WHAT !!!!!! There's not too much room to work with money wise and then it has a salvage title. They've had a bazzilion views on youtube so maybe they should just stick with that . Exotics and salvage titles ---- not good unless you fix it and own it forever.
    Now back to looking for 150K 458's !!!!!

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Whether its 140k or 160k a 458 is a screaming do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
  6. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I think I know the one you are talking about and if I recall correctly they bought that car with a clean title and it still has a clean title even wrecked. So long as they don’t report any of the damage (though they already put the videos up on YouTube so .....) it in theory could remain a “clean” title car. Which in my mind is deceptive.

7. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    I apologize -- I think you are right about the title . I think that car might have originally been on ebay at some point. Regardless , they paid crazy cash for it in that state . Now they are bondoing it and changing colors or something of the sort . It's painful to watch but no different then a train crash LOL !!!!

8. haithman

haithman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2004
    I don’t know if it’s a function of less cars on the market but do prices seem like they are freeing up?

9. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thought a few years would go by and the 458 prices would come down some. I was wrong! Can't believe the prices for the 360/430 gated and the 458s have actually gone up too.

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Told ya so

IloveGT, ScottS and Mikael-F360 like this.
  11. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    You didn't buy back at 2019? Darn. The world has changed quite a bit since then...

12. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just wasn't the right time. Bought and sold a few boats, moved and now have 2 kids in private school.

However, if AMC keeps on going up I might be in the market for a 458. Never know....

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Would have been the pricing had the insanity bubble not appeared.
    488’s would be dog cheap. Owners got lucky!

14. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Everything that goes up....you know.

AMC and 458s.

15. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    same as nautilus and aquanaut

Mikael-F360 and Cigarzman like this.
  16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Right , maybe we need to change the thread title to….. Has the elusive 200k 458 been found yet ?

SeaNile, Mikael-F360 and IloveGT like this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward