600LT for a Scuderia | FerrariChat

600LT for a Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by redcaruser, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    My credo: "Scud forever", this is on shaky.

I'm thinking about trading my Scuderia for a 600LT, over all the last years the most convincing remake of the "original". A car with character and uncanny performance.

What are your thoughts?

2. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    This is a Ferrari website so most here are biased. I have a 570S and really enjoy it so I think a 600LT is a great choice. Performance is way above the Scud although depreciation will certainly be greater with the Mac.

3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I say do it if you can score a reasonably priced one on the used market.

But then you would have 2 McLarens so you lose all variety...600LT + Scud would make for a nice variety imho...turbo+na

redcaruser likes this.
  4. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Scud will likely hold value much better than the 600LT tbh.

However, like you said, performance wise, and tech wise, the 600LT blows it out of the water, but, as to whether it's more special to drive...I think the Scud is.

redcaruser likes this.
  5. smdzucladoc

smdzucladoc Karting

Nov 18, 2015
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Herman
    I test drove a 600LT and it is indeed an amazing machine and you can tone it done and easily drivable in comfort mode. However unless you have to have one spec, buying new will only guarantee a huge haircut. My dealer has a 675LT for half off MSRP and I don't see the 600LT having a different fate.

redcaruser likes this.
  6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Great input, thank you guys.

As freshmeat has written I already own a 650S. I do not want to part with this car. It's one of the very last 650S and I've configured it 100% to my needs. Then I would have a Mac for the road and a Mac for the racetrack. My McLaren dealter told me that McLaren's next generation Sport Series is likely to go on V6 Turbo with Hybird. That's why I think the 600LT also occupies an interesting niche within the McLaren products: the most extreme LT to date without the for a racetrack rather unfavorable active suspension and without the electric bs in the drive train.

The 7xxLT will certainly be even more extreme in terms of engine performance. But for me, the pure engine power is not the focus, I am much more interested in driving behavior, feedback/feeling and character.

And that's why the Scuderia is back near the top...

Oh, a general remark: I'm currently rather disappointed with Ferrari. Old wine in new bottles. This means that I currently have more sympathy for McLaren.

Ideal would be the 600LT on top and keeping the Scuderia, but I have a space problem.

I think I'm just thinking too much... ;)

Doctor Mark likes this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If residuals are something your concerned about (not everyone is) then the 430 Scuderia is at the bottom of its depreciation curve and will only go higher from here on in while the 600LT is at the top and has lots to fall. Having said that the 675LT (at least in Europe) certainly haven't dropped in half like some have commented here, quite the contrary, they are actually still selling used above original list as the only McLaren apart from the hypercars to buck the trend. Probably because it was that good.

Sadly McLaren still haven't figured out that holding the used market to ransom by not allowing trusted independent garages access to the diagnostic equipment required to carry out maintenance is a major drawback to used car buyers and one which I think dents residuals far more than they could ever model... If it was possible not to go to main dealer I think the used car McLaren values would be considerably higher and thus more attractive.

A change is always nice, at least to get an appreciation of exactly what you do and don't like. I'd say go for it and decide again in 12 months...

redcaruser likes this.