488 Replacement | Page 78 | FerrariChat

488 Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    It means RWD only? And 950+ hp?

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Congrats !
    I recognize I was wrong with you.
    You were right .

3. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    720 cv, yet heavier and slower than the Pista, so Pista owners can feel good about their precious little car. :D

And McLaren will ROFL!

F2003-GA likes this.
  4. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    That would explain why they make such visually challenged cars...........:D

Jelial, markonex and babgh like this.
  5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Sorry McLaren has the soul of a small soap dish. I can make a Hyundai go fast too doesn't mean I want to drive one.

Ash Patel, Stryker1808, WM458 and 7 others like this.
  6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Sent from my 16M

7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    You haven't spent enough time with one Mark--you're too busy drinking and listening to F car kool aid. Does it have the sound of F or L--well it can with Fabspeed. I love my 720 much more than 458 and Huracan that I owned. Much more usable and plenty of soul and 100x better looking (I know you 'hate it'). But hey, when I get the 7XXLT, I bet I can change your mind (we just won't tell anyone here).

dmark1 likes this.
  8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Geneva 8th March on Ferrari stand ... be there :)

dpw98 likes this.
  9. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #1934 jim g, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Crap is getting deep here. Taking people’s word on replacement and BB as gospel that don’t even own Ferrari’s according to their profile isn’t something I ever saw with previous new cars. I highly suggest everyone give it a few weeks until the leaked photos start to come out. Most of the stuff I see in this thread seems BS. For the hundredth time I never new what Ferrari had planned for me and I’ve been on order list for 22 years now and owned every new mid engine car over that time frame. If what on here is true most 488 owners won’t be trading up until 2021. I hope I could afford whatever Ferrari has in the pipeline and I hope most of what’s written here isn’t true.

Ash Patel, WM458, andrewecd and 2 others like this.
  10. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I will...7th and 8th

Shack likes this.
  11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    [QUOTE = "jim g, post: 146436967, member: 1278"] La plupart des choses que je vois dans ce fil sont BS. [/ QUOTE]

Could you precise please ?

12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Look out for a bunch of about 6 people with one either in a wheelchair or with a walking stick. I answer to the name "jon" or "shack: :)

13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Ferrari, five new models in 2019
    4 February 2019 -
    Ferrari in 2019 will debut five new models. Here are the details
    The 2019 will be a year full of news for Ferrari: the presentation of financial results of 2018, the Maranello has announced the debut of five new models.

At the Geneva Motor Show the 488 heir should be making his debut , probably equipped with a six-cylinder engine; space by 2019 also for a high-performance sports car.

In 2019 the deliveries of the Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 will also begin ,assembled on a dedicated line, due to the complexity of the work, almost artisanal. Launch of the 488 Spider.

In the future of Ferrari in the long term, however, there will also be full electric cars: according to the CEO of the Maranello home, Louis Camilleri, we must wait at least 2022. The focus, however, will still be on performance.

As for Ferrari's luxury SUV, Purosangue , Camilleri explained that the feedback from customers on the entry into the range of this model was positive.
    https://www.automoto.it/news/ferrari-cinque-nuovi-modelli-nel-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR38Cn0_l1nYR8x5O1xx3J5S1hy4YTPGjpRqTbdgL9HIRR1h15TH9FqOMuc

by the way unveiling of four models were confirmed here.

14. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #1939 jim g, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    I hope Mahmud's post is correct bc I've stated here a million times, I don't think there will be a so called FL model. It makes zero sense to me they've had 10 years to get this replacement ready.

15. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    The article in Automoto.it is false mew 488 have same v8 engine and no v6 488 spider commercially now ? Maybe talk about pista spider ?

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    i think they do not know about the 488 fl that it would actually a facelift with v8 turbo. and i 100% believe in what others have discussed here in fchat.

17. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have driven my friends P1 and 675 LT.... I wasn’t impressed with either ones sound or the interiors....I like the front and the sides but hate the rear end on McLarens.

But I’ll keep an open mind about your 720 S..

Just not a McLaren fan. And I’d like to be. They remind me of an English version of a 911. Fantastic perf just no Italian soul.

SoCal to az and IPO1 like this.
  18. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings

19. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    I totally agree theyve been developing a new platform since 2017 which is ample time for a well seasoned brand. My only suggestion is having agreed to introduce two varients for its mid engine range (shared platform with variable wheelbases) the only question was engine displacement. They could’ve used the V6 form the Alfa Romeo Guilia QV but decided to create an all new V6 hybrid which clearly is not ready yet. If indeed a revised 488 is coming out now, it is because the new engine isn’t ready not the a new chassis/ platform. The chassis is good to go as that is already here in the BB, only on a longer wheelbase.

20. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #1945 IPO1, Feb 4, 2019
    Well that's all I can ask Mark and appreciate the candor. As someone who also puts his money where his mouth is you always keeps open to change (vs fanboy of only one brand). I see one at some point in the HP garage (7xxLT I bet).

Will bring her up to D so you can have a run and I can check out Pista .

21. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Hopefully Ferrari will attract some young crowds with the new BB. The usual 'driving pleasure' stuff alone won't work anymore. You need some world beating performance. That's why 720S is so popular.

Supercars are a dying breed. And Ferrari could be the first to fall.

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  22. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

If the 720 is “so popular” why are there boatloads of new ones available? Yes, it is extremely fast, it has to be. Who would buy it if it wasn’t. It isn’t a Ferrari, it has shaky heritage and lineage, and it looks weird, so it has to be faster. I know that some buyers don’t care about those things, but many people that buy Ferrari’s do. Some people have a 488 and a 720. They serve slightly different purposes.

If nobody cared about the 488 replacement, there wouldn’t be 78 pages of speculation attributed to it.

Yes - Ferrari needs to watch how it proceeds in the future. But it is the standard as to which all others are judged. We all know that McLaren has gotten Ferrari’s attention, and that is a good thing. But the nail isn’t being driven in the coffin yet.

MANDALAY, stavura, Avik__dey and 2 others like this.
  23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #1948 IPO1, Feb 4, 2019
    No nail in coffin I agree with that.

Regarding numbers there are tons of 488 for sale 'new', F car dealers just do a better at the game playing (which want detest) and hiding them.

Ferrari will rely on SUV sales to help numbers in future, Mac is staying a sports car company (as of today).

Think plenty of room for all and the best part as you mentioned, competition keeps complacency away...something Ferrari needs some help with.

No hater here of F car--love all brands (and owned them). Unlike many F fanboys that only think F is the ONLY brand on the planet and all of the rest is crap.

24. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings

25. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The number of cars for sale has no reflection on perceived greatness. There are 180 2018 Porsche Gt3 cars for sale currently. Does that make it a bad car?

Throttlesteerer, F2003-GA and IPO1 like this.