430 Scuderia front jacking point | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia front jacking point

Discussion in '360/430' started by Swissoz, Feb 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Hello everyone and please before anyone hammers me I have tried my best to find the front jacking point of a 430 throughout the forum and every other place that google looks with multiple different titles. The rears are very easy to find but I cannot see anything behind the front wheels that really designates a lifting/jacking point.
    Also I have measured the distance to the rear jacking point and have ascertained that a floor jack with a height of 70mm will be fine. Or have people had problems with floor jacks and the Scuderia. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As i cant drive the car I want to tinker with it her Switzerland over the winter. Cheers.

2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’m using the area that looks like the rear jack point. It’s about half the size and has a flat area with a threaded hole behind the round rubber piece.

Front left and right corner of floor, where the body work meets the fenders.

I use a couple 2”x2”x 3/4” stacked wood blocks because the area isn’t large enough for a jack plate.

I didn’t get this out of a manual but it seems well re-inforced.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Manda racing likes this.
  4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I use a rubber pad over the threaded boss. Another good area is immediately behind the wishbone - that entire part of the car is a very strong aluminium extrusion.

5. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks guys. Thanks for the video as well although I had found that and it the Scuderia does not have the pronounced hump as shown in that video however the rear is the same. When I got under the car that area little flat area behind the rubber grommet with the hole in seemed like was the place to do it.

6. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The front hump got smaller on later cars. My 06 F430 had the large hump - current 2008 the smaller version.

7. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Mine is pretty much like the photo above. No hump at all.

8. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
  9. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Hi Manda sorry to be a pain but would you be able to circle the area on the photo you posted. Thanks Jamie

10. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Use small size blocks round or square just don’t crush rocker.

I wonder what bolt size that is? I’d like to use the rear for a tow strap or hook.

11. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks Manda, sorry for the late reply, dealing with the flu with my 8 year old at the moment. Its where I thought it was, but is nice to see, thanks for makig the effort. really appreciate it.

12. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I can’t figure out where to put jack stands once I use jack points to jack car up.

Let me know if you find out how.

13. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Directly underneath the front wishbones. The rears go in the circular cut outs in the rear under tray - the jacking point I use is outboard of those (a rectangular recess).

14. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I always jack the car up in those circular cut outs and then can’t spot another place back there.
    Thanks for a arm info Mark