F1 Accumulator | FerrariChat

F1 Accumulator

Discussion in '360/430' started by imahorse, Feb 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    #1 imahorse, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    I accidentally deleted the post when I tried to edit it. Here goes. I have a 360 F1. When I open the door, the pump doesn't take longer than normal to pressurize the system. When the car is running the pump is on about half of the time. I read it should only come on every couple minutes. To me it sounds like the accumulator not doing it's job. Does that sound right? Also I read on here about a guy changing it on his 355 without having to bleed the system. Is this possible? The nearest SD2 is 250 miles away and I don't know if my chinese diagnostic tool (Foxwell 520) will bleed the system. If I have trailer it there to bleed it, so be it, but I'd rather not.

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

The pump should activates every 2 mintues ONLY IF the car is idling and has no shift input. If you let the car sit (engine off) for a while and open door and hear no priming of pump. that means your car's f1 pressure is holding good (assuming it is working) . nothing wrong.

3. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    It's on like half the time just idling in neutral. When it is off it takes a good 5-10 minutes to need to pressurize again when I open the door, but it only takes a couple seconds.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    So we can understand ..when idling tell us how many mins is not running and when it does run how long before it shuts off again

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

5. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Half of the time might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it comes on much more frequently than every 2 minutes. I unfortunately haven't even seen my car in months since it's in storage in this frozen wasteland. I would say from memory that it would come on every 15 seconds or so for a few seconds.

6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Mine cycles a lot, but it's been like this since I've owned it for the past year and several thousand wonderful miles.

I'd say the F1 pump cycling a lot is only an issue if it's causing a problem, like not shifting, falling out of gear etc.

Otherwise, enjoy the car!

imahorse likes this.
  7. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I've put on a good two thousand miles on it with it's present condition. I figure it's just extra wear and tear on the F1 relay and pump. I just don't want to be stranded when the pump burns out. I will be tearing into the car for various odds and ends when it finally gets above freezing and figure that while I'm in there..... might as well do it.

8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

Pretty much all the F1 pump threads I've read, there's never a catastrophic failure that leaves you stranded, it's always symptoms first, like dropping out of gear not shifting Etc.