Real F40? | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terence Courtnage

Oct 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Terence Courtnage
    BaronM69 likes this.
  2. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Is that a tire in the passenger front seat?

Jim Brooke and Red 27 like this.
  3. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess there's around a 0% chance it's real.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Certainly looks real. A car is just a car to some people, no matter how much it may cost. 1 millions dollars to many of us is a lot of money, to others it's a weekly allowance.

Jim Brooke likes this.
  6. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    So it's actually real??

I'm not against anyone driving their vehicles, I'd probably drive one daily too if I could afford it. But when you look at the red showing on the front bumper, through the headlight covers, etc.. it just looks like a very very poor paint job, not something you'd expect to see on such a car.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I would think it's a wrap job. 3k will get it done. Maybe he made an appearance at a military base for an event to show his support, or could be a veteran?

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes it's a wrap.

Check out the red in the door as it opens:

Ryan... likes this.
  9. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    It takes alot of poor taste to make a F40 this ugly! Should be shot for destruction/disrespect of a Ferrari F40.
    Money does NOT equal taste. This is a huge example!

10. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    That wrap is crap, but Kind of cool that he use it as a daily...

11. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Ugly as F.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  12. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    So, you think that a person who does what he pleases with his own property, and never harming anyone, should be shot.
    He didn't destroy anything, he didn't disrespect anything. He altered the appearance to suit his own taste. He did what he did and I applaud him for it. You don't approve? Too bad.
    What a guy does to his own car is none of anyone's business but his own.

Bob Z.

13. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Definitely this guy should be in trouble (I’m pretty sure )for abusing Montana plates;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    To each their own.

But what is up w the wheel and tire in the front seat?? That guy really does not give a crap

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I love all these folks who probably couldn't afford an F40 wheel, having issues with what a stranger does with his own property. I DD an F40 in the 90's. Took it to work, the mall, grocery shopping, and the track. I'm sure if I was doing that today, there would be a parade of knuckle draggers with cell phone cameras posting with horror that I was driving an F40 to get groceries! The wrap is not something I would have done. Nor would I haven't added the 'Gurney flaps' at the back, but it's not my car. Good for him for diving and enjoying HIS car!

17. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Such a terrible wrap job. A good wrap would've cost maybe $6-7k? Why cheap out on an F40...

18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's pretty funny. I thought it was a Fiero with a body kit.

19. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I don't think anyone here has any issue with someone DD'ing an F40, quite the contrary! However, people seem to have more of an issue on cheaping out on a terrible quality vinyl wrap and allegedly not caring that it gets door dings, etc..

Remember, these are "hero" cars to many and are going to cause a reaction, positive or negative. And, just as the owner of that F40 is allowed to do with it as he/she pleases, we're allowed to have and voice an opinion on a public internet forum about his use of it and taste in modifications :)

This is where I scratch my head too. They can obviously afford the car, afford to drive it daily, and yet they get a low quality wrap job on a vehicle that's going to draw attention ANYWHERE it goes. You think you'd want it to look good..

20. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    Same, I think that angle + the terrible wrap isn't doing that car any favors!

21. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've also never liked the way the F40 looks. First saw one at an exotics show at Southfork Ranch circa 1995 and was very disappointed. The F50 is my halo car.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  22. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  23. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Hell yeah! This is so cool that this guy drives his F40 as a daily driver. The wrap was probably for some event...and pulls right off.

As far as groceries go....all the time in my former Diablo VT Roadster, current Murcielago Roadster and 91 Testarossa.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

25. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I was there the day of the rev video at Cars & Coffee San Francisco. That was probably years ago and it looked very clean! Matte wraps are hard to keep perfect if it is a daily and the article states there is a green duct tape covering damage while the car is still being used. The beauty part is, it can be peeled off and redone. I thought the Gurney Flaps on the rear deck that appeared to be bolted on the body, thus meaning it was drilled out!, was a little more daring. Of the LaF, P1, 918w and everything else there that day, i think this was my favorite car. We don't know what condition it was in when he got it...

I admire him for driving it all the time. I daily drove an elise for a while and it got really messed up. Except fort the times the roof mechanism broke in winter and all the pants that tore getting in and out, it was so much fun. Cheers to this guy!!!!

Jasonberkeley likes this.