GT Safes | FerrariChat

GT Safes

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by chris430, Feb 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    We are working on the development of a new style safe, a new product with a patented technology.
    The safe communicates with your smartphone and we make bespoke designs for our customers.
    We work with a well known italian designer and would like to know your thoughts.
    Safes will be sold without Car manufacturers logo.
    THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION, JUST NEED TO KNOW THE MARKET
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I own/have owned a number of safes and have no desire to have one that depends on electronics.

3. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    Hi, Thanks for your comment, now a days best safes in the world use electronic locking systems; I understand your concern, that is why high security locks use redundant systems (like the satelites) to guarantee operation

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I understand that but I should have provided my reasons.

One is personally and professionally I live in a world surrounded by electronic devices. Those devices are invariably more problem prone and less reliable than straight mechanical devices. Also having lived most of my life in a serious fire and earthquake prone area my safes hold among other things some absolute must have items in the case of serious emergencies. I have lived through real life situations with no electricity, phone, internet, cell service or broadcast communication. If the contents of the safe were not available it would have been a bad thing.

Island Time and MWHC4S like this.
  5. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005

Thanks for your comments and concerns, a safe has to be the most secure and reliable object; that is why High security systems have to be tested by the VDS Institute in Germany to guarantee maximum reliability. Most important safes in the world use electronic systems; these systems are designed to resist in all conditions

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You asked for comments; don’t argue with the people who give them. You asked!

FWIW I wouldn’t have a safe that connects to a smart phone either.

desmomini and MWHC4S like this.
  7. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Someone steals your phone and has access to your safe? No thanks...

8. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Does all conditions include a large electromagnetic pulse or a massive solar flare? If so do you have a test methodology and lab results to show that?

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    My safe has a simple AMSEC ESL20 digital keypad.
    Takes 2 seconds to operate.
    The option was a standard rotary dial with the lefts and rights.
    I wanted to go with that but Roland safe talked me out of it because of the time to operate and possibilty of getting it wrong and starting over.
    That ESL is next to bullet proof in reliability.

I'm glad they did.

And one more NO to cell phone activation.
    2 seconds to operate a digital...come on now is that too much ?

However there surely is a demand with the techno crowd for which this "sexy" safe is intended.
    Mine looks like a 4 ton grey refrigerator.

My safe in my eyes;

. Image Unavailable, Please Login

PS any "Safe" that cant be wheeled out with a hand truck....aint.

Island Time, Red 27 and Rifledriver like this.
  10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I agree with the comments. Just another opportunity to have you safe "hacked" and your data and possessions stolen. IOT has its risks and they are growing as AI becomes more prevalent.

11. StuartNZ

StuartNZ Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Auckland, New Zeland
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I'll echo everyone else's thoughts here, I wouldn't buy it. I have a bluetooth capable padlock because I love gadgets and it's not on a super critical location. It probably works 90% of the time. Pretty good right? Actually bloody annoying because 90% of the time is not 100% and it's a right nuisance when it doesn't. As I have said I put up with it because it's on a simple outdoor latch and worst case scenario I could get some tools out and remove the screws to remove the whole latch and get access.

If I was talking about a safe where what was inside was very important and there is no backup plan to get in, then there is no way I would rely on technology.

12. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    No to ANY electronic safes, period.

13. shoreorthopod

shoreorthopod Karting

Oct 14, 2012
    Sorry.. straight mechanical... no other way. call me a dinosaur but sometimes the old ways are still best

the_stig likes this.