2009 f430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2009 f430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Motoguzzi, Oct 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    f355spider & tazandjan:

Like I stated in my post #19 I first noticed the 'Suspension Warning Symbol' which I have also attached here. However, since I had never seen that symbol light up before, I didn't really know what it was until I got back home after the event. I first thought it might be indicating something to do with needing air in the tires. When I checked my tires I had 35 psi in both of my new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S front tires and had 37 psi in the rear ones.

The red delta that started flashing originally started simultaneously when the 'Suspension Warning Symbol' came on which made me consider the possibility that the red delta symbol was perhaps indicating the suspension problems had to do with the left front tires suspension. I also considered the possibility that it might be indicating I need to shift to the next gear since I never lug my motor and have a tendency to drive in each gear at higher RPMs. But I ruled that out as having never seen it before now.

I was just hoping someone else on this forum may have witnessed something like this before me and could tell me exactly what it was. Oh well I won't let it consume my thoughts now that it has gone away. I agree the scan tool will only show problems in the emission system and a Leonardo SD3 would be required to figure this out. Other than that the Enginuity tool sells their Ferrari module for a mere 2K which by comparison to the SD3 would be considered a bargain if it was able to do all the things a SD3 could do. But that's still out of my price range for a tool I would only use occasionally. LOL!!

Thanks for everyone's input.

John E.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Also have an '09 430 spider MT since new. The first year or so, I encountered a similar problem. It occurred when the mansion was in sport or race mode. Also, when I got the message on the dash the car went into the mode of "slippery" setting on the manettino. It went back and forth to the dealer a few times. At the end, they changed the diff. The problem was that the diff thought it was communicating with the F1 transmission so there was a faulty sensor in the diff. Not sure it is the same problem as you encounter. Now, many years later, I still have the problem, although it goes away by itself after 5-10 seconds.

3. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hello John,
    I wouldn't worry about F430GT - it has a nice ring to it!

I am eternally grateful for the brave actions of those in our/your armed forces. I have a similar story with my Grandad who was a paratrooper at the battle of Arhem: he was captured by the Germans but made a lucky escape when a Tiger round blew off the corner of the building in which he and others were being held. Those who survived the explosion went to carry on fighting.
    My Dad didn't find this out until after my Grandad had passed away.

Some British cars can be a little on the needy side - it sure sounds like you've experienced that. Well done for getting on top of it all - it certainly adds to the character :D I am led to believe the later Astons are more reliable but the DB7 is a very nice car.

With regards your instrument cluster, the suspension fault: that is normally one of the suspension accelerometer sensors that has gone bad, or the wiring plug needs a wiggle. There are five sensors in total. There are other causes for the error so you really need someone to read the codes.

I'm not quite sure what you're seeing in the F1 gear display panel. Is it an 'up' arrow like the one here: If so there was a previous discussion on this issue where I mistakenly thought it was a defective instrument cluster, however I learned that MY08 and MY09 US market manual cars had a shift indicator to comply with DoT regs. It's something to do with advising on usage for optimum gas mileage.

Regards,
    Mark

f355spider likes this.
  4. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    He did get the very last MT by design because of his years of loyalty. Enough so that He also spec'd the very last N/A V8 Ferrari ever produced.
    A spectacular 458 Spider, Champagne over Brown that has to be seen to be fully appreciated.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- I bought Auto Enginuity for my techs and the actual cost is about $3500 and it will do most of what an SD2/SD3 will do. When you buy the Ferrari/Maserati module you also have to buy just about everything else AE sells. Good news for my techs is it also works on Porsches, Mercedes, Jaguars, most Japanese cars and most American cars. Bad news is it jacks up the price. The one thing my guys do not like about it is it will not shut off the service required lamp on 458s and later Ferraris.

6. 430tdf

430tdf Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2008
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Hi guys, I'll throw my .02 cents in.

I have an 08 spider with the manual transmission, and I got the same from my dealer, they kept trying to get me to order an F1 but I was having nothing of it!

Seems suspension light problems are common in these cars, it took my dealer 2 years to find it, was a loose pin in one of the connector plugs, haven't had a problem in the 8 years since.
    And yes the little delta is a upshift indicator, it comes on at very low RPM to help you get maximum mileage for the EPA, they hate high revving cars! lol
    There's an obscure reference somewhere in the owner's manual.

f355spider likes this.