Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 46 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I think the Lexan concern is legitimate. Extremely interesting homage to a bygone era, but will the super fussy maintenance take all the fun out of it?

2. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    F8 Tributo revealed by two key persons in Ferrari: Mr Flavio Manzoni on the right (Design, styling) and Mr Michael Hugo Leiters on the left (Chief Technology Officer).

Melvok, jm2, tomc and 4 others like this.
  3. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    I am impressed with the location of the horn button!!

4. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wasn't sure about it at first but it's beautiful! Very impressive.

shazbat and of2worlds like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I would think a regular machine polishing (as part of a regular detailing regime) will keep it as smooth and shiny as the painted surfaces. Some may even choose to wrap it.

crinoid likes this.
  6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #1131 redcaruser, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    extremely embittered! ;)

No no, don't worry, just bored, this brand simply can not inspire me anymore. Ferrari, the "beauty clinic"! Ferrari has been selling pure facelifts for years as new cars. The only innovation since 458, California, F12 and FF is a new V8 turbo engine, everything else is a little sheet metal modeling and a lot of Italian marketing blahblah. Main thing the 10'000 are exceeded and the EBIT fits. But hey, it will not be up to me, there are a lot of people who do not see this unimaginativeness so critically.

7. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    Any info on base price of the F8?

8. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Initial rumors indicated the F8 would be replaced in 2 years with a hybrid V6. Yet the interview given at the showing stated it would have a 4 year run. If true Ferrari will be at least 2 evolutions behind the competition (primarily McLaren) when the replacement is announced. Can’t imagine Ferrari willingly will allow this to occur.

9. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    That's the first thing I noticed as well!

bobw likes this.
  10. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    Looking closely at the rear design, I'm surprised they did not choose to create the rear spoiler to go up and down. It looks like it's made for it. I'm sure we will see it in the F8 Speciale model.

11. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    you are right, however, if you look at the other sports brands:
    Porsche : the same design for 50 years McLaren: no design at all !!!! Ugly ! Lamborghini: an interesting style that has a hard time renewing itself

Conclusion: Ferrari is not far behind ;)

Actualizer, theplanner and of2worlds like this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    ...Because there really is no direct replacement for the terminating F8 line, the new V6 could very well overlap the F8 and both be offered simultaneously...

of2worlds and WM458 like this.
  13. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    I‘d rather say I still have to swallow what I haveseen so far.
    Drag Race isn‘t the thing. Every day‘s pushing the throttle in any drive situation tells the difference.:)

14. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
    We've got 4 more models due this year so let's see what they give us.

I'm guessing one of the five is the F8.

"Ferrari’s first hybrid model will be revealed within the next three months, Galliera confirmed, one of five Ferraris due this year and one of 15 planned before 2022"

15. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    Unless you have a perfect area for drag races, it's the feel of the car and the sound as you are roaring down a street without having to speed!

16. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
  17. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The 430 Scuderia/458 Speciale/488 Pista all use lexan.

WM458 likes this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Technically true that others brands have evolved but Ferrari still has a ready market for their 'old' style V8 TT products. With customers continuing to buy these cars there is no valid reason for Ferrari to stop building them if they comply with government standards.

sampelligrino and 458-Italia like this.
  19. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    This is the info I referenced above. Can’t believe Ferrari will sit by and let their comp lap them over the next 4 years.

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Your argument might be more convincing if Ferrari were not building two replacement models ( V6 and V8TT versions on a new platform) that will be sold alongside the current 488 models.

crinoid and 458-Italia like this.
  21. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    #1146 rumen1, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    I wonder how they will deal with demand then. Isn't the factoty's capacity about 10 000 units a year? Too low for a 6 models range + the hyper model.

Looked at the car a little more today... Seeing it from the side is a pure 488 facelift, just a little uglier. It's like the Testarosssa/512TR/512M family - The first one was just awesome, the second one was also great looking (if not better looking), but the last one was just too much trying and messed up at the end. Of course we're just talking about the design here, I'm sure the performance will be TOP.

Also the look of the engine is something I don't like, as you actually almost can't see the real engine at all and these air intake covers look too "dummy". :)

Someone asked for the options plaque of the car yesterday, here is one, but I'm not sure if the site will not reduce the quality too much and make the options unreadable...

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      105.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3e.jpg
      3e.jpg
      File size:
      98.2 KB
      Views:
    sampelligrino likes this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes I asked about the options plaque but as you suggest the picture has lost a lot of the original clarity. Thank you!

23. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Sorry, man :)

of2worlds likes this.
  24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The engine bay looks German which is a shame because the Ferrari engine was always a good reason to raise your hood, with this one, not so much and with the Lexan you aren't showing off much. I would be getting a Spider so not as bummed if I cared about showing off the engine which I don't but I do appreciate looking at the engine from time to time when I raise the engine cover.

rumen1 likes this.
  25. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris