458 - Ferrari is so pompous | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Ferrari is so pompous

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by PappyDewBoston, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    #26 dustman, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    replace F with Mods in heading?

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Personally, I think the YouTube video from How it's made on the Ferrari factory is pretty amazing.

Saves me a trip to Italy also :)

Ray

absostone likes this.
  3. PappyDewBoston

PappyDewBoston Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2018
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Chris Nadeau
    Thanks Boobernackle I would appreciate any contact info you have. I’ve got a pretty great agent who is still trying to work it, without the dealer involved.

Thanks
    Chris
    2014 458 spider

4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    lol Ray I want to see you repeat that comment *after* you do the factory visit :) I bet your perspective would change!

5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    hehe :)

Some years back, I got to be friends with one of the engineers at FNA. He helped me quite a bit on the 360 modifications and repairs I was doing back then. They offered me a tour of the factory, but sadly I was too wrapped up running my company to take off to Italy. In hindsight, I wish I had taken them up on it. I'm sure it would be an amazing experience to see it all in person.

Hey, how about that F8? Looks pretty good in blue!

Ray

sampelligrino likes this.
  6. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The Ferrari Museum and store are alone worth the trip....

sampelligrino and absostone like this.
  7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Sorry to say, but reading and hearing the way Enzo and dealers have cared for their customers it's sounds exactly as I would expect.

I have loved their cars for over 50 years, but have zero expectation on their ability to provide a great customer service experience. I am not speaking about individuals, as I have had some great expieriences with sales folks. It's the corporate climate which is pathetic.

Graz, iloveferrari and IPO1 like this.
  8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    When I booked a tour a couple of years back, there was a very nice/responsive lady at FNA that the dealer submitted the request to. I ended up needing to change my date and contacted her directly at that point rather than via the dealer. She was happy to tell me which dates had room room and I then picked one of those dates as my new date. Was easy.

(I can't recall how I got my first date; whether I asked for a specific date or said "I can be flexible, I'll take any date in XXX month". Can't recall. Might have been the latter iirc).

So...*if* you somehow can get her contact information, perhaps you can get that sort of help rather than have to go thru the dealer for any date requests, etc.